Imperator Titan 1000 meters high

Once again I came across a topic on reddit that mentions titans who are 1000 meters tall, but unfortunately the user does not remember the novel because he sold it years ago.

But he told me that it belongs to the old novels, have pity, by chance someone could give me some names of novels in which to find these giants? I love the idea of such a big Titan, it has another dignity.

A few quotes would also be fine, in the meantime I keep looking for the novels in question.

Also on wikia they speak of titans even visible from orbit, but they do not refer to the novel.

Could some pious soul help me?

Imperator height, by source, varies - I've never seen anyone actively provide a source for them being a kilometre in height, and all of the most recent sources don't tend to go above the one-hundred fifty metre mark. Old lore is supplanted by newer lore, at the end of the day.

As per the wiki, the most recent (and therefore relevant) values are;

43m - False Gods (2006)

50m - Deathwatch: The Achilus Assault (2011, FFG)

60m - Helsreach (2010)

70m - Helsreach (2010)

90m - Deliverance Lost (2011)

100m - Fallen Angels (2009)

140m - Horus Rising (2006)

It's probably referencing the HILARIOUSLY out-of-scale picture of a Warlord Titan from the Titan graphic novel. Which makes the Warlord Titan (canonically 32.76 metres) taller than a mountain.

Said image:
BLPROCESSED-Titan_2016.jpg

Emperor-Class (Imperator and Warmonger) Titans have never been described as "1000 meters in height" in any Black Library entry, nor in any official Warhammer 40k lore piece.

Edited by Gederas

Thanks for the sources @Joe, actually we might add too

Age of Darkness - pages 313-314-345

". This hung upside-down, but all chambers, stairwells and interior architecture were oriented skywards. The communications spires and steeple-scanners at the very bottom of the fortress were hanging several thousand meters above" -

@Gederas, I actually read Dan Abnett's Titan comic, and in the comic the titan is actually that size.

Edited by Whitelion