Indomitus Eye Candy

Debauchery101

by the way...anyone got tips on making the metallics look better? They look so much smoother and toned down in person..even in the light box. Im sure it has to be some settings for the camera but I haven't figured it out

Not totally sure on the camera side of things. On the painting side, I know that you can use Runefang Steel and some other metal-ish layered paints to distinguish between metals, DW pauldrons and weapons that you want to stand out.

I think it's just the nature of using a lot of dark colors tbh. And the brighter you can make a color, the better (more distinct) it will look in the camera.

Assuming the citadel paints... you could:

-Base with lead belcher

-Nuln oil the indents and crevices

-Brighten with runefang steel in a dry brush fashion

-Weather/battle-damage it to your liking

I havent tried applying runefang before the nuln oil but you could try that and see if that works. You may have to re-apply runefang after on the embossed pieces depending on what the oil does to it.

really looking at it in person the wierd dull shiny mottling that shows in photos is not visible. I use vallejo duraluminium acrylic liquid metal for the highlights..

I had this weekend off so just did assembly line on these guys. Not finished yet. But I noticed when I was doing squad by squad there were some differences in the finished product.

I did intentionally switch up the technique on the rifles. I applied duraluminium, washed with a thinned down black templars. Applied flesh tearers to the rifle casing and nazdreg yellow on the gold bits..I like it a lot and it saves time.

Theyre all to the point where I need to do the skins, chapter pads and being which is different from marine to marine based on lineage. I will then do the Martian weathering at once. Which is mostly what I was not making uniform before.

I also changed one of the Multimelta Eradicators I had previewed that had his arm up looking at his forearm tactical display ..looked too odd to be holding the huge weapon like he was

BLIdm9A.jpg

yK4We42.jpg

QJblMn9.jpg

Edited by Debauchery101

• 4 weeks later...