Indomitus Deathwatch outriders

Debauchery101

I like the contrast between the black armour and the... charcoal grey (?) of the bikes. To my eyes it makes the bikes look more rugged and the power armour more decorative.

Edit: Looking at it closer I can't tell if the armour is darker. It does on the Ultramarine in the foreground but the other two look more closely matched.

Edited by Magos Takatus

I like the contrast between the black armour and the... charcoal grey (?) of the bikes. To my eyes it makes the bikes look more rugged and the power armour more decorative.

Edit: Looking at it closer I can't tell if the armour is darker. It does on the Ultramarine in the foreground but the other two look more closely matched.

I primed with vallejo black primer. then did a top down of corvus black which is a charcoal. I did some gunmetal and aluminum paint scuff/chipping and some minimal edge highlights on panels and chips/scuffs. Put a light gloss varnish on them. Then did a dark oil wash. 1 part black 5 part burnt umber. Then used some weathering powders. I intentionally left the Ultramarines armor less dirty and didn't put much matte varnish on him besides where to capture the powder. I imagine him, who is the Sgt trying keep the other 2 nut jobs in check. who also were intentionally chosen since they're ultra rivals. The Ravenguard Rider showing off all kinds of trick shots while while doing wheelies, jumps and wall rides. The Wolf is just going to red-line his engine to steal all the kills

Here's a link to the video I mostly followed. Its really easy and can be used for all black armor armies.

Edited by Debauchery101

Corvus Black is fantastic. I'm so glad it got rolled into the main GW line. The extra weathering looks great, and I'm glad the Ultramarine being a slight different colour wasn't my eyes going funny. :)