Experience with Ephrael Stern and Kyganil on the table

I have not seen much discussion anywhere of Ephrael Stern and Kyganil on the table, am I the only one trying them out?

I have played a couple of games using them and an Assassin to spice up my Crimson Fists list to give it some different tools and just be a bit less dull and obvious to play. So far in two practice games against a decent (and improving) Harlequins list they have done OK. They have done enough to take some pressure off my troops whose job is to win the game on VP.

Kyganil is pretty much just a typical weak-sauce Aeldari combat character. There is nothing to write home about with him, he can clear chaff a bit and maybe chip wounds off tougher things but that is all. He really suffers from not having a Flip Belt rule although I swear (and my Harlequin opponent agrees) he has what looks uncannily like a Flip Belt on the model.

Ephrael Stern is a lot more interesting. Her mini-smite is nice and cannot be denied - as I intentionally run a list with no Librarians she adds a little something my list lacks. Then her combat capability is OK rather than exceptional - the key difference between her and a marine character alternative is that I cannot burn CP to turn her into something beast-mode. On the other hand CP are limited so a character who gets work done without pulling CP away from the rest of my list is not an entirely bad thing. The surprising thing about her is that she is more tanky than she looks, especially when Kyganil is nearby. In both games whe was able to survive return attacks from a Troop Master well enough to force my opponent to pull more forces from elsewhere on the table to deal with her.

Has anybody else had similar experiences, or different?

I've finally painted them this weekend. Ephrael is done, Kyganil mostly. I'll use them for the first time tonight.

For me they fall in the same support category as Inquisitors and Assassin's,but just looking at the stats I feel they are just stronger. You get a smite-like ability like an Psyker Inquisitor, you get deepstrike and killing power similar to the Calidus and Eversor at just a few more points...but you get that in two models that feel more survivable and should work well without strategem buffs.

I like the look of their stat line. They won't do wonders but for 125p they look pretty nice.

Edited by sairence

Only used them once, but they we're really good for me. Stern's daemonifuge ability is brilliant. It helped I was playing Chaos, but she was getting the equivalent of a super-smite every turn. Kyganil is there for the FNP, although i did have to separate them, with Kyganil killing a last remaining Havoc to remove a banner from an objective. He survived to the end of the game, while Stern fell on the final turn. I'd definitely be taking them again.