Ideas for using Indomitus weapons on old warriors...

crimsondave

So, I'm a little at a loss of what to do.  I have two sets of the Indomitus Necrons and I just so happen to have 40 unbuilt old Necron warriors.  Obviously, I could just use the old Gauss sticks and go with it but the new weapons look so much nicer to me.  Does anybody have any ideas about how to make this work?  The main problem, obviously, is that there is only 1 left arm per model so you only end up with an extra weapon arm.  The way the old models are built using their left arms would be.....difficult.

You could cut out the green rod replacement from the new flayer and put it in the old flayer in place of the green rod, probably the path of least resistance here.

I have to second this suggestion- the indomitus warriors have a peg on the back of the gauss guns that the left arm slots into- and omitting it would look awkward unless you want to go through the trouble of making 20+ handles on the back of the guns?

I understand that, I had been working around whether to do this with my spare flayers but decided against it only because I have a large collection already.

Maybe you could cut the whole front half off in front of the hand connection to retain the new aesthetic a bit more?

Had you considered using the Indomitus warriors as reapers and using the new flayers’ gun barrels on the old warriors? It’s not quite a full weapon update, but it’s far easier than any other solution, it seems Edited by Spinsanity

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I found an easier way, just costs a little money.  3rd party for sale.  I just bought the last they had in stock but I'm sure they'll get them back soon as I imagine they will sell very well now.

https://www.taromodelmaker.com/products/gauss-power-rods-set-of-12?variant=32725373780101

I don't like the green sticks (never did) so you might find it pretty straightforward to simply paint right over them and use a white a pen to sketch a few circles and lines on them to paint over with green (or other color).  It won't look perfect but it'll look much closer than the green rod.