player created necron dynasties

Manat

my dynasty is called the sobek dynasty and their lore is that before the biotransference, their pharon was one of the 2 lesser members of the triarch who communicated Szarek's will to the other necrons due to the (canon) law of the silent king communicating only with his 2 fellow members of the triarch. when the sobek were asleep the other dynamites who were earlier to wake, extended their hatred of the szarkhan (hope i spelled that right) dynasty to the sobek because of their association with szarek (who was hated for the biotransference). the severely weakened sobek dynasty was forced to swear allegiance to imotek (hope i spelled that right too) the stormlord to survive after the assassination of their pharon just before the awakening but after szarek returned the dynasty is battling severely conflicted loyalties.

Hi! I'm a huge fan of Tsutomu Nihei, particularly his Blame! manga, and I've always wanted to inspire a dynasty on it but haven't really done it yet. I imagine a dynasty could've locked itself inside a Dyson sphere built by an even older civilization and the rogue "tomb world" AI went rather insane. My necrons would mostly be inspired by the safeguards.

Other dynasties could try to take back control, but this one's way too integrated to the Dyson sphere and ended up trapping several intruders, necrons or otherwise.

So no big narrative, but a strong inspiration I have yet to humour. I would heavily remodel/proxy my army though, for example using low level safeguards as flayed ones count as. I have started collecting 3d models years ago and have a resin printer, so all that's left is flayed one reclassified as troops, a tiny push, and patience! I'd also change paint scheme (my current one is cartoonish).

Edited by Miek

Hi! I'm a huge fan of Tsutomu Nihei, particularly his Blame! manga, and I've always wanted to inspire a dynasty on it but haven't really done it yet. I imagine a dynasty could've locked itself inside a Dyson sphere built by an even older civilization and the rogue "tomb world" AI went rather insane. My necrons would mostly be inspired by the safeguards.

Other dynasties could try to take back control, but this one's way to integrated to the Dyson sphere and ended up trapping several intruders, necrons or otherwise.

Great ideas! Will you modify a Necron Lord with an Adepta Sororitas member's head, to recreate Sanakan? (In-universe, say the Necron Lord made herself look human for the same reason Sanakan did in the 2017 film adaptation: to infiltrate an enemy position.)

That's a neat idea, the Lord's posture is just right for the extended arm to be replaced with a gravitational beam emitter (some versions call it a positron emitter, but that's blasphemy ;) )

The overlord's tachyon arrow would be a fitting profile for the GME.

Anyways, thanks Bjorn for the idea and I'll be sure to open my own thread for this idea if I do bring it to life.

Edited by Miek

That's a neat idea, the Lord's posture is just right for the extended arm to be replaced with a gravitational beam emitter (some versions call it a positron emitter, but that's blasphemy ;) )

The overlord's tachyon arrow would be a fitting profile for the GME.

More great ideas!

Anyways, thanks Bjorn for the idea and I'll be sure to open my own thread for this idea if I do bring it to life.

Glad to help a fellow anime fan.