Yukoni 23rd - WWI Canadians

Barret

I built these guys like a decade ago, I think before the B+C include Guard?  Anyways, I dug them out of storage the other day and thought I'd share some pictures.  I may do some more work on them now? I've found a bunch of armour I never built for them back in the day, and I think they need some restructuring since they were built for a Codex that still included the concept of Infantry Platoons

Everything that's painted:

wholeArmy

Red Platoon. Their Heavy Weapons Section has actually gone missing at some point. Must have stored them in a different box. :dry.:

redPlatoon

Green Platoon's Command Section, with attached Commissar. And bagpipes standing in for a Vox.

greenCommand

Green Platoon's Heavy Weapons Section

greenHvy

Green Platoon, D Section

greenC

The WIP of a bagpiper, showing the construction

bagpiper

And an unpainted section, showing the way they were built. Took ages to build a section :tongue.:

unpaintedSquad

If I do continue on with them (I probably will let's not kid ourselves) I need to add some armour, and maybe some transports.  Plus I gotta do some Highlanders. I just gotta.  :biggrin.:

Thanks!  That piper is finished now (I think he's in either the Company Command Section or Red Platoon's Command Section), I just wanted to show off the in progress shot :D

Your models are competently assembled and painted. I'm surprised to see bagpipes in a Canada-themed regiment, though. Is that really a thing with real-world Canadian military units?

Yup! It was more common in WWI, but there are a few "Highland" regiments here still. And pipe bands are common even in non-Highland and non-military organizations.  Plus, I was inspired by stories of Canadian pipers in WWI playing during battle.

Mostly, though, I love the pipes and wanted to include them :D