Retro Farseer

Sandalphon

So i finished this guy for @TrawlingCleaner's "The Good, the bad, the Aeldari" event in the Aeldari forum (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/366398-the-good-the-bad-the-aeldari-event/) and being super happy with it thought i'd share more broadly :)

gallery_5435_16412_155810.jpg

I went for the retro style 'runes on everything' approach and i learned a few things too:

1. i need to wear my glasses

2. decals are still painful, especially when 20+ yrs old

3. the citadel painting grip/ handle is very useful

4. access to natural daylight is great for both painting and photographs ('duh but i didnt realise how dark my old place was..)

5. Old minis are still great fun to paint

Enjoy, C&C most welcome.

Edited by Sandalphon

Great work Sandalphon - love that model, and your paintjob is a great balance between old school and updated.

So much gem painting too, some look tiny...

I still suck at decals btw. Were they brittle and flaky from being old?

Thanks all!

Brittle and flaky is pretty much spot on, I did lose a few to them crumbling under the brush but I persevered to avoid freehand lol.. I didn't want to risk ruining the progress but it's something I need to do more of.

After the decals were applied I used Mr Hobby's 'Mr Mark Softer' it's a Japanese brand mainly used or Gundam kits and slightly dissolves the decal which helps it adhere to non flat surfaces as well as removes the shine of the decal paper.

The irony with the tiny gemstones is that I didn't find my 000 brush until after I'd finished.. all done with a 0 just need to keep that point straight and not let the cat chew it!