Next AT supplement: Crucible of Retribution

Marshal Loss

wow Damicium might legitimately be Damnosus. That's a very loud and clear direction. Note the Damicium "eldar" symbol actually contains eight points (5 arrows above and 3 points of the triangle) :wink: but if you count the whole triangle as one arrowhead then it's six. HMMMMM

Laniaskara really had to one-up Ignatum on the rough paint schemes after we had that discussion, huh? Very interesting patterns, reminds me of ancient world pottery/textiles. It mostly doesn't look like it could be masked or applied via stencil, either. Probably one to paint by hand, but if you match that density of chevron/arrowheads, the eye will have a hard time picking out small errors and I think the effect would still be great even if you're not a great free-hand painter.

Interesting to see Artemia on the map as a major player. I guess that's the forge pattern of FW's old Hellhound kit?

Edited by LetsYouDown

Im guessing Incunabula isnt involved in this campaign? Bear in mind the vast, huge, majority of systems arent even on maps we see given the Imperium consists of over a million worlds at this point.

Looks like there are one third of a page profiles on different worlds, which isn't unexpected. Also a diorama for the first battle of Nycron, so I'm guessing they're counting the early battles at Beta-Garmon as part of the belt of iron conflict?

The pics on the Epub page are just about legible if you feel like making an effort.

Edited by Beren

Get your open war cards while you can!

Apparently GW themselves have already sold out of these. Dark sphere told me they expect all of theirs to go within the hour. After that you're looking at ebay.

Speaking of, there's currently a listing with 10 available, at below RRP: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADEPTUS-TITANICUS-OPEN-ENGINE-WAR-CARD-PACK-20-Off-Uk-rrp-GW-Pre-order/154156786332?hash=item23e475e29c:g:uygAAOSwggRfk-c6

Good luck everyone. Trying to get stuff like this before it sells out is absolutely the worst thing about AT.

Anyone else see the new mechanicum knight pics going around?

Edit: here: https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/10/24/crucible-of-retribution-adeptus-titanicus-review/

Yeah, I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high, there were some photos of Mechanicum knights in the Ryza book as well, I think, so it’s not a definite sign they’re releasing models for them. It’s a *good* sign, but not definite.

Get your open war cards while you can!

Apparently GW themselves have already sold out of these. Dark sphere told me they expect all of theirs to go within the hour. After that you're looking at ebay.

Speaking of, there's currently a listing with 10 available, at below RRP: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADEPTUS-TITANICUS-OPEN-ENGINE-WAR-CARD-PACK-20-Off-Uk-rrp-GW-Pre-order/154156786332?hash=item23e475e29c:g:uygAAOSwggRfk-c6

Good luck everyone. Trying to get stuff like this before it sells out is absolutely the worst thing about AT.

Yeah, deeply frustrating if you’re not free to sit poised by your phone/computer on pre-order day! I just managed to order the penultimate set from Wayland, Dark Sphere looks like they’re out already as well as GW. I really don’t understand how they can continue to underestimate the demand two years after release...

Edit: here: https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/10/24/crucible-of-retribution-adeptus-titanicus-review/

Yeah, I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high, there were some photos of Mechanicum knights in the Ryza book as well, I think, so it’s not a definite sign they’re releasing models for them. It’s a *good* sign, but not definite.

These are pictures of models, not colour plates.

These are pictures of models, not colour plates.

Ooh! I will allow myself to get excited, then!

I can't unsee a Mechanicum knight household battleforce box available for pre-order in early December, with 3x Questoris Knight Styrix, 3x Questoris Knight Magaera, 4x Cerastus Knight Atrapos and 2x Acastus Knight Porphyrion Asterius.

Excited I am :biggrin.:

Edited by Mendi Warrior

Looking at some of the review footage, there's a reason Kulisaetaei has iconography similar to Mortis - upon Kalibrax's induction to the Imperium they were replenished by titans from Legio Mortis due to their diminished state.

Also the fluff on the world's from which the Titan Legios originate really alleviates some of the scarcity of fluff on the Legios themselves.

Edited by Beren

It looks like it requires a lot of effort for them to design a titan. That's probably why we keep on getting designs for stuff they've already got in 40k scale. Even if they don't have the CAD files for it (which they mostly do) they still know what the thing should look like. Things like corrupted titans and Rapiers will need designing from scratch.

This is an interesting supplement in that in many ways it seems quite light on content. It's mainly just Legios wiht no new strats or contenta like allegiance abilities, that applies to everyone. That's probably for the best as it won't add to the "weight" of the game much.

The missions could be a lot of fun... if they're good. I've played the core five missions an awful lot now and they were never balanced in the first place. A new set is great news.

Do remember to order your cards on Saturday, or else don't ever expect to get them. These things always sell out and this particular set looks like it'll be well worth having.

It might just be new armour bits like the chaos reaver

Annoyed at the lack of art in the book - Damicium and Ignatum for example appear to only get a single colour plate. I just can't figure out why they do that for some Legios & then give others the full three. Makes what otherwise seems to be a really cool book just feel a bit lazy, especially when they reprint three plates for Atarus. It's less of an issue for Ignatum who are invariably going to appear in later books as well but for minor Legios it's a harder pill to swallow. I don't feel like requesting they be consistent about how much art each Legion is given is too much to ask.

Damicium's take on a Slaaneshi Titan Legion is super cool. Once downtrodden and under-supplied, a combination of envy (of other better-equipped & wealthier Legios) and pride (in their own abilities despite their situation) is probably going to take a dark turn at some point. Wonderful writing! Ignatum & Laniaskara have some seriously cool abilities as well.

That aside, the rules & schemes seem to be really characterful, and the new Mechanicum knight models are going to be awesome when they come out. I expect the lore to be of the usual quality: great world building but all-too-brief.

Edited by Marshal Loss

Annoyed at the lack of art in the book - Damicium and Ignatum for example appear to only get a single colour plate. I just can't figure out why they do that for some Legios & then give others the full three. Makes what otherwise seems to be a really cool book just feel a bit lazy, especially when they reprint three plates for Atarus. It's less of an issue for Ignatum who are invariably going to appear in later books as well but for minor Legios it's a harder pill to swallow. I don't feel like requesting they be consistent about how much art each Legion is given is too much to ask.

Hasn't Tempestus not gotten ANY colour plates, despite having their Legio Rules in the core rulebook for Titanicus?

Hasn't Tempestus not gotten ANY colour plates, despite having their Legio Rules in the core rulebook for Titanicus?

You're correct, though they still have the art from Conquest. There just hasn't been anything new & they didn't reprint any of that art, either.

Makes what otherwise seems to be a really cool book just feel a bit lazy, especially when they reprint three plates for Atarus.

Actually, I noticed that it looks like most of the Atarus plates aren't strict reprints. They look similar to the engines in Titandeath but they tweaked the art and added new captions. So +1 for not just copy and pasting Penumbral Reaper again.

Makes what otherwise seems to be a really cool book just feel a bit lazy, especially when they reprint three plates for Atarus.

Actually, I noticed that it looks like most of the Atarus plates aren't strict reprints. They look similar to the engines in Titandeath but they tweaked the art and added new captions. So +1 for not just copy and pasting Penumbral Reaper again.

Apparently according to Goonhammer they actually tweaked the rules for Atarus as well:

We did notice the missiles have changed slightly – building set on fire no longer burn until they’re destroyed; instead, they go out the first time they damage something.

Not sure why they decided to spend their time tweaking plates for a Legio that has already received masses of art instead of a newer one with only a single piece. Takes the gloss off an otherwise exciting book because I love how atypical some of the Traitor & Loyalist rules sets are, the variety is fantastic. The colour plates are always such an exciting part of the books for me. Oh well.

Edited by Marshal Loss

EDIT: having compared the pictures of the new knights with the existing kit, I'm pretty sure it's not an upgrade set given the leg pieces (which are identical on both the 28mm questoris vs: mechanicum knights) are different, *however*, given the amount of detail on the mechanicum knights (extra rivets & indented sections on the knees/ thigh plating) I'm suspicious that they might still be resin rather than plastic, just as a complete kit rather than upgrades for the original sprue.

20201022_2201071585385689478083425.jpg?w

99120399014_ATQuestorisKnightsThunderstr

I'm desperately hoping the Megaera & Styrix are a full plastic kit and not resin upgrades - I previously looked at the Questoris sprue and over half the components of the original kit would have to be replaced for them to match the 28mm minis, although that's no guarantee, especially considering some of those replacement components would probably have to be broken down into further parts due to the complexity of the mechanicum knights.

I've been waiting for Legio Astraman since the release of Titanicus given my own Legio is descended from them, and it's cool to see that their temperament matches my Legio's theme pretty well - plus they have a good combo of defensive traits that make me tempted to add a couple of Morningstars to my battleforce.

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

Those mechanicum knights really are adorable. Not a huge fan of the design in general, the open spaces of Jes Goodwin's 2014 questoris design are one of its best features, which gets lost a bit under all the cog-trim. Stands out even more at AT scale. Still adorable though.

There's certainly some parts that are shared with the plastic questoris knights, even if that's probably more a CAD assets thing and a redesigned sprue... Would parts like the shoulderpads with their overlapping layers be viable in plastic though? In the same fashion as how mk.II astartes armour legs present a problem. They could be multiple pieces but they don't really look like it. Will admit I'm bumping up agains the edges of my knowledge here.

Almost anything they do in resin can be done in plastic these days, so im hoping thats what theyve done :D I can definitely see splashing out £20ish for a box of these as nice models that wont see the table very often (As their guns are anti heavy infantry/light vehicle stuff) but Resin prices will be something horrific and rule them right out :( 

Still, AT is if anything a quarter behind in plastics and the plastics production is a lot less affected by covid so fingers crossed!