Necron V9 potential (Or not)

angrom

Some other synergy I noticed, Anrakyr and Trazyn are Dynastic Agents and Overlords. They have some good utility. I expected the named crypteks but not two Overlords, though it makes sense. Anrakyr seems great to pair with Lychguard for another attack in any dynasty. 

Can anyone confirm if the technomancer can have the cloak as well as the control node? I want my wound regaining and my doomstalker buff pls

Its one or the other, specifically "one of the following" verbiage. 

Any thoughts about how the forgeworld models fit into v9? I thought they were going to be part of the codex but it doesn't appear to be the case. Have interesting combinations been observed, for example for the canoptek stuff?

Edit: Before the codex dropped, I was pretty happy about the Tesseract ark not having the blast keyword and its Tesla being boostable by the Indomitus OL, but it lost the latter (Tesla on native 6) and the new QS is way worse for it because it already had an invul. So the codex seems to have nerfed the TA since Indomitus, but I don't have my codex yet.

Edited by Miek

The Seraptek Heavy Construct doesn't have the Canoptek keyword, the other constructs do. None have Command Protocols(obviously) but hat doesn't prevent othera from gaining it with a Dynasty match. There isnt anything the Cryptek with a control node can manage to stay near. The rest just benefit as normal from stratagems other similar units in their classification have. The Ark is still seemingly solid but it has old weapon stats and I think Doomstalkers eclipse it. Thats as far as I got.

Any thoughts about how the forgeworld models fit into v9? I thought they were going to be part of the codex but it doesn't appear to be the case. Have interesting combinations been observed, for example for the canoptek stuff?

Well, forgeworld rules need an update via the forthcoming rules compendium before we can judge how they work in relation to the new codex.

Well, forgeworld rules need an update via the forthcoming rules compendium before we can judge how they work in relation to the new codex.

Ah thanks, didn't know it would be in a compendium.

The monolith was bothering me so I reread the detachment rules and discovered that any Necron (Or marine) detachment gets traits now; they removed the caveat that a Super Heavy Aux doesn't get a trait for both codices.

I'm still hesitant on spending 3CP on a single model without an invulnerable when a knight thats fewer points can have a 4++. Even using a Deceiver to put it into strategic wont work, its just above 6" long on both sides so it can't act out of strategic and the Deceiver only puts things in Strategic or moves within your zone.

Though this makes the Seraptek much better.

Wow really? I hope this is true! Pretty much all the online codex reviewers are comment and complain the monolith does not get dynasty traits. This must be some kind of hidden line in the book or something.

The monolith was bothering me so I reread the detachment rules and discovered that any Necron (Or marine) detachment gets traits now; they removed the caveat that a Super Heavy Aux doesn't get a trait for both codices.

I'm still hesitant on spending 3CP on a single model without an invulnerable when a knight thats fewer points can have a 4++. Even using a Deceiver to put it into strategic wont work, its just above 6" long on both sides so it can't act out of strategic and the Deceiver only puts things in Strategic or moves within your zone.

Though this makes the Seraptek much better.

The rule that prevents them from getting the dynastic traits is a part of the core rules not the codex specific ones. It's on the same page as the restrictions on number of detachments per points I forget the page number. It basically says that no auxiliary detachment gets any benefits including those from the codex even if they qualify for them. Edited by Shas Oh Dear

Pg 246 I found it, bottom left. Thats disappointing, was happy for a moment that maybe there was some hope for some of the obscure LoWs to actually see play. Outside a vault, which is worth the 3CP now.