Codex: Space Marines (9E) - Winners and Losers

Speaking of trying out units, I am toying with the idea of running company veterans. I was thinking squad of 5, a couple with storm shield and combi-meltas, the rest with combi-weapons of some form + tasty melee weapons, maybe one with a heavy weapon . I was leaning towards combi-meltas to open up possibility of move - advance - shoot - charge. I had also thought about making one of the storm shield wielding ones carry a heavy weapons (which from the wording of the data sheet seems possible!) - maybe a grav-cannon and amp + storm shield! :biggrin.:

I've loved how Terminators shoot a bit, then go nuts in melee, so was thinking that company veterans - now that they have two wounds - whilst not as tanky, can shoot better thanks to access to better ranged weapons, and hit just as hard in melee.

Anyone run them in a similar manner, and if so, how did you find them?

Master of Ambush a squad of the Company Veterans with Grav Cannons and Stormshields maybe? :smile.: Along with a buffing HQ/Apothecary. The veterans provide some extra protection for the character in addition to the damage.

You can only get a single Grav Cannon in a Company Vets squad. They could all get Grav Guns though.

Yup, this is true. I think one with grav cannon and storm shield (the wording seems to allow it) and the rest with combi-somethings + shields would be very nice :D