Transporting Necrons and carry cases

Captain Idaho

Anyone else concerned their traditional method transporting armies is wholly inefficient and inadequate for the latest Necron releases? I mean, they were always awkward models but the newest batch are silly in their size.

Any tips or ideas, or purchase advice, folk can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone else having this issue?

https://modelshop.co.uk/Shop/Raw-Materials/Metal/Item/Tin-sheet/ITM1078

I've bought from here. 2 sheets sorts a 4L (A4 paper ream sized) box with some left over space but not loads.

For the taller stuff I have the 9L boxes and they stack well.

Need to figure out a box for szarekh and the monoliths!

PS - you can fit 40x 32mm based models plus a few extras in the 4L boxes. I've got 40 warriors, 6 scarabs and a royal Warden in one box.

Edited by 01RTB01

I've been having the same thoughts. Right now we always play in my garage so it's not a big deal but if we had to play elsewhere I'd be screwed. I was also thinking about trying to make my own magnetic trays but I'm not 100% sure where to start.

I've bought from here. 2 sheets sorts a 4L (A4 paper ream sized) box with some left over space but not loads.

PS - you can fit 40x 32mm based models plus a few extras in the 4L boxes. I've got 40 warriors, 6 scarabs and a royal Warden in one box.

What kind of boxes are you preferring?

What kind of boxes are you preferring?

I like the really useful brand of boxes. Stackable, durable.

As aforementioned I use the 4 litre boxes for most infantry, anything larger up to and including reanimators fit into the 9 litre boxes. Just need to get monolith and the silent king to figure out what size box they'll need!

Has anyone assembled the Silent King yet? Really interested in hearing how stable he is on that base. And if the model really is only attached by some thin plastic lightning.

nah he's stable. the lightning is on a flat disc, the disc is what is glued to the base. The kit has some really fiddly parts but the lightning was all fine

I use my battlefoam carry case for troops etc but the new stuff will be transported in those clip sealed kitchen containers with foam in them... I’m not getting too many big models so I’ll only need about 4 of em , quite sturdy and cheap just stack em in a shopping bag or back pack and away we go !!!

Happy to hear the kings bases are solid

Mithril