Questions regarding structure and loadout

Grimsteel

So brand new Space Marines (and 40K) player here just making the jump over from AoS. Been looking at different chapters and the various options and I think I've settled on making a custom paint scheme that will potentially allow me to use whatever rules I feel fit my playstyle the best.

However, I really like the structure and iconography of the Ultramarines (and suspect that I will end up with an Ultramarines successor chapter most of the time) so I wanted to ask you veterans some questions regarding squad markings and weapon loadout specifically.

I know this might seem a bit premature as I haven't finished a single Space Marine model yet, but I know me and I need to fully understood the structure that I will be using going forward. :)

So on to the questions.

Assuming that I want to build towards let's say a 2nd company there are the squads and squads numbers to consider. For the 10 man units this is simple and straight forward, but for the 6 man units not as much. How do you deal with 6 man units such as Aggressors or Eradicators when the company structure is based on 10 man units? Do you fill up that squad with models from other units (such as vehicles for example)?

Also regarding weapon loadout. Let's assume I have a 5 man Intercessors unit with no weapon upgrades and I've marked them as Squad I and then I have another 5 man Intercessors unit with Power Fist and Grenade Launcher upgrades and I've marked them as Squad II. Let's say both units have Bolt Rifles. So if I now want to use a 5 man Intercessor squad in my list with only the Power Fist upgrade do I mix and match from the two squads (one model would have the incorrect squad number), do I ignore the Grenade Launcher part and just play the squad as it didn't have it, or do I just accept that I don't have that option as I don't have a squad modelled that way?

I understand that this is my hobby and I can build and play my models as I see fit, but I would like to hear how you deal with this. With my Stormcast Eternals AoS army I decided to not use any squad identification to allow me to mix and match as needed (which also fits the lore of my custom Stormhost) making this much easier. And admittedly just skipping the squad markings on my Space Marines would solve this "problem" but then again I like the Ultramarines structure and also like the look of the squad markings on the models.

Hoping you guys can assist me on this one :)