Postmortem on New Codex Games

Prot

Fantastic thank you!

Sorry, time for a few more questions if you don’t mind.

Have you proxied any of the heavy intercessors in any of your games? They don’t seem to have the output, but marching obsec gravis up to a mid board objective backed up with aggressors and a chief apothecary could be quite potent.

What are your thoughts on the redemptor chassis? Would a few backed up with a techmarine form a decent mobile fire base and counter punch?

I'm very much liking the Redemptor chassis at the moment; in combination with Tigurius. With the inbuilt Duty Eternal, the -1 to hit from Master of Prescience, the 5+ Invulnerable save from Psychic Fortress, T8 from Might of Heroes - they're a great, and pretty reliable, tag-team. 

The Macroplasma going to 3 damage when overcharged is amazing, as is the buff to the Redemptors' melee punch; doing at least 4 damage is great against so many things, there are lots of Deathguard/Space Wolves/Other Marines/Custodes where I am, so being able to chew through Gravis, Terminators, Thunder Wolves is all very handy.

Yeah, Redemptors do seem very solid. Even with the MPI they can pack in a good amount of anti-infantry firepower for support.

I believe Ishagu or Captain Idaho have mentioned in the past that the MPI used to be practically the same average damage, statistically, as a Twin Lascannon - and now it's better because it's Blast (so not entirely useless vs hordes) and has the improved damage.

Yeah, Redemptors do seem very solid. Even with the MPI they can pack in a good amount of anti-infantry firepower for support.

I believe Ishagu or Captain Idaho have mentioned in the past that the MPI used to be practically the same average damage, statistically, as a Twin Lascannon - and now it's better because it's Blast (so not entirely useless vs hordes) and has the improved damage.

Aye definitely, the blast on the MPI means it even helps out vs hordes, the improvements to the Icarus pod are nice too. All in all it's just a really nice all-rounder, definitely one of our most improved units I'd say. 

Yeah that's right - it used to be mathematically the same as a twin lascannon, it's now (when overcharged) the same as having 3 lascannons - though with shorter range and more AP (and to be fair I think more AP is better now, with smaller boards); and as you say, unlike 3 lascannons you can kill up to 6 models.

The d6 shots can feel a bit swingy, though it may be less swingy than rolling 3d6 damage rolls, and if you're prepared to spend a cp to reroll that dreaded 1 on the number of shots it's usually fine.