Been gone, now I'm back with a new successor chapter

i can rest well knowing the true trident wielding sons of sanguinius actually went to the aid of baal. 

while i've never seen numbers on how large a typical chapter's librarius is i also wrote that currently my chapter has 75 librarians, which feels like beefy librarius to me and the atlantian spears have a 'large librarius' 

hell i even considered including a teal/green-blue in the color scheme originally but i don't like that color that much lol

a few weeks ago, i bought tridents and shoulderpads with tridents on them for my successor chapter. i put them on an island on a planet that is mostly seas...and now today i find out that GW created a new BA successor chapter called the atlantean spears that use a trident as their chapter badge.

i'm not saying they stole my ideas, just great minds think alike, but now people i play will think i'm unoriginal which is slightly miffing.

Iron snakes are an awesome water world chapter, I think they use spears though.

Coming up with an original chapter is hard, sea and tridents is something I'm surprised GW hasn't already done

i figured 75 was a lot lol, but never saw numbers for an average chapter's librarius.

The 3rd edition Codex: Space Marines showed the Ultramarines Chapter Librarius as of 6400745.M41 at:

• Chief Librarian Tigurius
  • 4 Epistolaries
  • 7 Codiciers
  • 12 Lexicaniums
  • 4 Acolytum

The 5th and 6th editions Codex: Space Marines showed the Ultramarines Chapter Librarius as of 999.M41 at:

• Chief Librarian Varro Tigurius
  • 5 Epistolaries
  • 9 Codiciers
  • 10 Lexicaniums
  • 3 Acolytum

Whether or not those constitute the typical size of an "average" Chapter's Librarius is anyone's guess.

More to the point, the 5th edition Codex: Blood Angels showed the Blood Angels Chapter Librarius as of 999.M41 at:

• Chief Librarian Mephiston
  • 6 Epistolaries
  • 11 Codiciers
  • 8 Lexicanum
  • 5 Acolytum
  • 5 Furioso Librarian Dreadnoughts

The 7th edition Codex: Blood Angels showed the Blood Angels Chapter Librarius as of 998.M41 at:

• Chief Librarian Mephiston
  • 6 Epistolaries
  • 11 Codiciers
  • 9 Lexicanum
  • 5 Acolytum
  • 6 Librarian Dreadnoughts

Granted, 1 year isn't a sufficient timespan to show either change or an average over time.

I wouldn't stress too much about the similarity in ideas or what other people might think. As far as "originality" goes, there's very little of it in this hobby. So much is derivative of something else, after all. How many Successors of the Blood Angels use wings/blood drops/skulls in their Chapter badges? It isn't unreasonable to think that other martial symbols, especially those that are not uncommon among the various Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes, might not similarly be duplicated among different successors of the Blood Angels Legion. Many are, after all, drawing upon similar bodies of lore and beliefs (depending upon how each Chapter is created).

a few weeks ago, i bought tridents and shoulderpads with tridents on them for my successor chapter. i put them on an island on a planet that is mostly seas...and now today i find out that GW created a new BA successor chapter called the atlantean spears that use a trident as their chapter badge.

i'm not saying they stole my ideas, just great minds think alike, but now people i play will think i'm unoriginal which is slightly miffing.

You could have the Angels De Mari be notably different by having them being renascence Italian warriors / nobility / oligarchs in appearance - with which I mean that you should use the Age of Sigmar Freeguild heads for them, give them all rakish and/or stupid hats; don’t use any Latin or Greek titles when post-Roman Italian ones are available; ad any elements from the post-Roman Italian that you find interesting to their lore;  have them allied with a Rogue Trader house as a reference to the Venice trade empire.

You could also or instead focus on the swamp aspect and look upon RL/historical swamp dwelling cultures and take anything you find interesting from them. Since Europe has a couple, most there be many more in the rest of the world that you could take stuff from.