Relic Terminators

BLACK BLΠFLY

I've got a good amount of them. The reduced stat variation depresses me, but I've come to terms with it.

At 3W they are beastly, and the weapon options are fun.

My current thought is MSU for points reasons, but I want big squads for maximum value from strats "Fury of the First" is still a thing right?

They are a “combination” of 30k plastic terminators - Tartaros and Cataprachtii... the former had a 4++ and the latter had 6” movement. Now they lumped together with 5++ and 5” movement. The 4++ was really good so they were resilient and could provide a good fire base.

I guess I'm in a funk on these Terminators. I just finally, after all these years, starting painting my Cataphractii just to have them get nerfed like this. I also have the Tartaros on sprue from that very old box set (what a great deal back in the day).

If I could do it over, I would probably have more claws in my Cat's, and take off chain fists. The Tartaros still sit on the sidelines. I have no idea what to do with them, or if they are worth including.

The only nerf is 4++ to 5++... it sucks but now 5" and much more potent shooting plus still just as good in melee plus 3rd wound. I feel like the 3rd wound really help mitigates the 5++.

Loishy I highly recommend the plasma blaster.

Maybe I'll try to fit them in again. When you say plasma blaster, that is a Tartaros only option, correct?

There’s not really a Tartaros option any longer, nor Cataprachtii... you can use either or both types - they all has the same strats now, and wargear is common.

what’s kind of funny I remember a thread in the Amicuss forum some members really wanted this - sure hope they are happy now. Only thing I’d like added is the option for combi weapons now like Chaos terminators have.

Yeah Cataphractii Terminators with Plasma Blaster and Reaper Autocannon isn't too bad for a shooting option if you're following up a charge after. That makes them fairly dangerous.

I REALLY miss the 4+ invulnerable save but the 3rd wound us still fantastic. Dropping in, shooting and then assaulting a target is special and worth doing.