Codex up for pre-order this weekend

Black Knight

I have ordered a Vanguard box, but they are sold out everywhere. I am going to be royally :cussed if that disappears just after we have been given the ability to use the models.

If you can afford it I would recommend getting an Indomitus box from Darksphere or Wayland before their stock runs out. You can basically get the Outriders, Eradicators and Bladeguard for free if you sell off the other bits, especially with the pre-order prices of those Necron Destroyers.

Edited by Black_Knight

Hey now, because we used to get a better deal on different units it means that this discount bundle is completely worthless and we should riot against the money grubbers at GW.  After all if I don’t see value in it, then by extension no one else will. 

Edited by leth

Sigh, if you both cannot see the blatant £20 overnight increase on getting started in the hobby, I am not sure what to say. Yes, the new box is still a deal but to make someone pay another £20 to start and you know, keep the hobby healthy, it will mean less new people starting which is bad. If these boxes were on top of the Start Collecting I would be all for them but they are not.

What they should of done is released a new Get started(maybe smaller) with an expansion box of a few models to bring it up to Combat patrol numbers. That would of allowed them to keep the lower price of entry while getting the higher price for the patrol. But they didn't they said "Give us moar money!"

With regards to Community articles Irbis I would think we should be today, they usually switch between two codex's when both come out the same week.

I just got an email that Vanguard got a restock at GW so I am hoping FLGS will get some in the next week or so, so it is not dead yet.

Edited by Black_Knight

Sigh, if you both cannot see the blatant £20 overnight increase on getting started in the hobby, I am not sure what to say. Yes, the new box is still a deal but to make someone pay another £20 to start and you know, keep the hobby healthy, it will mean less new people starting which is bad. If these boxes were on top of the Start Collecting I would be all for them but they are not.

What they should of done is released a new Get started(maybe smaller) with an expansion box of a few models to bring it up to Combat patrol numbers. That would of allowed them to keep the lower price of entry while getting the higher price for the patrol. But they didn't they said "Give us moar money!"

With regards to Community articles Irbis I would think we should be today, they usually switch between two codex's when both come out the same week.

I just got an email that Vanguard got a restock at GW so I am hoping FLGS will get some in the next week or so, so it is not dead yet.

They are giving you more models for that price increase ;)

And what amuses me is that who are lamenting the higher entry price are veterans having 3/4k points armies :D

Pls remember that the entry point is not the start cokkecting or combat patrol boxes but the 3 leveled starters instead

I can see better someone starting with the smaller box and then expanding than starting right with the 110€ box that requires you to have also a 50€ BRB and a 37€ Codex

The 110€ box you will buy when you will Be already hooked intorno the game by obe of the three starters

First I've heard of the Start Collecting boxes not being starters... Not everyone wants rules and to play, some people like me joined by buying a DW Start Collecting box and learned how to paint from that.

Exactly though, Start Collecting boxes were just that, a start to a collection.

The new combat patrol boxes are designed to be a 25PL army, in a patrol detachment that can be used out of the box - its much friendlier as a product to get someone invested into the game.

Plus the increased price covers the difference in upgrade frames and an Apothecary, when comparing those other two sets.

Edited by Charlo

as someone who hasn't seen or used the cards before, what are they for?

Data cards are basically just handy reference tools. It looks like this set includes the 7 Core Stratagems, the 18 new Deathwatch Stratagems, the 6 new Xenopurge discipline powers, and a card with the rules for Smite. They're great if you like having quick reference material in card form rather than the book directly.