1st Game with 9th Necrons

jgascoine011

Finally picked up my necron codex today and had my 1st game with necrons vs space marines

My list was farely competitve

CCB (Honorable Combatant, Res Orb & Void Reaper),

Lord (Orb of Eternity, warscythe),

Chronomancer (Veil of darkness, & the Eldrich Lance)

2 units of 10 tesla immortals, 20 reaper warriros 

10 Lynchguard

10 Gauss Tomb blades (3+ armour and ignore cover)

2 DDA

I was deciding what dynasty to go with but decided wrad writh and expansionists,

For secondaries i took raise the banners, bring it down, and engage on all fronts

His list was farley weak tbh

Captain, chaplian, apothecary, champion, and some guy with a banner

2 units of 10 tactical marines in rhinos

5 tactical marines

thunderfire cannon

5 of the new sword and sheild guys (blade guards?)

5 terminators, power fist and bolters

contemptor dread with 2 kheres assault cannons

leviathan dread with 1CCW and the 10 shot cannon

I got 1st turn

Basically moved everything up 6", then in my 1st turn teleported the 20 warriors onto an objective, move the immortals onto objectived, and moved the lynchguard onto the centre objective. This allowed me to raise 4 banners, and get engage on all fronts for holding 3 table quaters.

1DDA nailed a rhino, the other did nothing to the leviathan, and the chronomancer used the auto wound strat and did 5 wound to the leviathan.

20 warriors and 10 tomb blades managed to kill 4 blade guard vets...thats 60 S5 AP-2 shots, hitting on 2s, doing 12 wounds....was kind of frustrating.

HIs turn his appothecary brought back a blade guard...oh look space marines are better at bringing back models than necrons :/

I did get insanly lucky with my tomb blades, he shot the leviathan at them and killed 4...i then rolled 6 5/6+, and brought back 3, lol.

He basically wiped out the warriors, but i managed to heroic interviene with my CCB and killed his champion..but was locked in combat with his chaplain, 2 blade guards and captain.

His leviathan charged my lynchguard and managed to kill 1, i used the +1 attack strat did 4 wounds to it.

My turn 2 i held 4 objectives to his 1

It was pretty funny to shoot my CCB into combat with his S6 gun against his now T3 chaplain...yay rads

He ended up killing my CCB in combat, but i killed his leviathan 

The game ended after turn 3...i was just too far ahead on points, the pregame 6" move along with veil of darkness just allowed me to get into position ontop those objectives super quickly.

Now i may be controversal on this but i really feel that although some of the units are strong, this is a really bad codex.

1) Protocols is so :cussing stupid. The amount of book keeping or remebering what one you are in, the limitations, or that a character needs to be near is just so frustrating. A much better rule would be pick one, and thats what you get for the whole game, maybe have a strat to change it for 1 battle round.

Take the "everyone counts in cover" one. This would be pretty useful if your opponent gets 1st turn...but nearly 100% useless otherwise. Its a same with a lot of the other protocols. I honestly dont know what GW was thinking with this. None of them are overpowered, and they are all have such minor benefits that i honestly forget half the time about them.

2) Tesla immortals are total trash. You need AP to punch through space marine armour. If you do take immortals, go gauss. the extra range and AP is better and at 15" your definetly better, and you save yourself points.

To be fair, bolters are still :cuss. He was rapid firing with 10 tactical marines, in tactical doctrine and maybe killing 1 immortal.  If you are a space marine players, take primaris, not tacticals.

3) Dont take immortals, take warriors. The codex is centred around them.

4) The codex is so restrictive...so many times i look at something and think, that would be cool, and then realise it doesnt work.

The codex feels like 3 codex's in 1...Necrons, destroyers and canoptek.

5) The fact that a technomancer cant bring back a destroyer, but an apothecary can bring back a giant 8 wound beach buggy is just stupid.

6) I really want to take szeras but again, he is so frustrating, the possibility of giving +1BS to lynchguard, or +1S to warriors is just dumb

7) I get that a units cant be healed by more than 1 technomancer, but the strat should allow us to target the same unit with the same technomancer.

Or he should be able to bring back D3 core models or 1 non core model in a unit

8) Our HQ section is just so over filled. Some of the HQs should have become elite, especially the royal warden who should also have the sniper rule to make him interesting. He is such a cool model and rather useless compared with the other HQs.

Not sure what you're after? Did you know who/ what you were playing?

You admit your list was competitive and his wasn't... Doesn't seem overly fair.

As for the apothecary thing, it's a short term glitch that'll be FAQ'd so I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the jammed hq choices - too much choice isn't a bad thing. I'm playing crusade currently and the warden is leading my forces as my overlords lieutenant - there's always another perspective ;)

There's also no reason for the warden to be a sniper. That would make zero sense as they're essentially more sentient immortals.

The codex has a ton of choice and many more things are viable now. I really don't understand your grumbles to be honest.

Protocols are thematic and small bonuses. They help flesh out the army. Are they amazing? Not necessarily, do they need to be? Arguably not.

I'd enjoy the codex for what it is. Improvement on last, tons of extra options and lots of viability. Not sure what you are wanting from this army or an army but you seem very negative about it all...

Not sure what you're after? Did you know who/ what you were playing?

You admit your list was competitive and his wasn't... Doesn't seem overly fair.

As for the apothecary thing, it's a short term glitch that'll be FAQ'd so I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the jammed hq choices - too much choice isn't a bad thing. I'm playing crusade currently and the warden is leading my forces as my overlords lieutenant - there's always another perspective :wink:

There's also no reason for the warden to be a sniper. That would make zero sense as they're essentially more sentient immortals.

The codex has a ton of choice and many more things are viable now. I really don't understand your grumbles to be honest.

Protocols are thematic and small bonuses. They help flesh out the army. Are they amazing? Not necessarily, do they need to be? Arguably not.

I'd enjoy the codex for what it is. Improvement on last, tons of extra options and lots of viability. Not sure what you are wanting from this army or an army but you seem very negative about it all...

Well said. After collecting necrons in 5th, never playing them, selling them.. I was browsing my friends codex on the weekend, and I'll be happy if the GK is half as good. It makes me want to collect Necrons now.

In Yellow...

Now I may be controversial on this but I really feel that although some of the units are strong, this is a really bad codex.

1) Protocols is so :cussing stupid. The amount of book keeping or remembering what one you are in, the limitations, or that a character needs to be near is just so frustrating. A much better rule would be pick one, and that's what you get for the whole game, maybe have a strat to change it for 1 battle round.

Take the "everyone counts in cover" one. This would be pretty useful if your opponent gets 1st turn...but nearly 100% useless otherwise. Its a same with a lot of the other protocols. I honestly don't know what GW was thinking with this. None of them are overpowered, and they are all have such minor benefits that i honestly forget half the time about them.

1.Based on what? The other codex released for 9th edition? Or based on previous codices for older editions? It was your first game, with a brand new codex built from the ground up, and you start out with what I can only imagine is a 2000pt list? Seems like you dove in the deep end head first and can't swim. A character having to be close to a unit to to tell it to do something has been prevalent for many additions. Every Army suffers this? This codex has been written in collaboration with a lot of top tier necron players. Play tested with balance and viability in mind as some of the key goals.

2) Tesla immortals are total trash. You need AP to punch through space marine armour. If you do take immortals, go gauss. the extra range and AP is better and at 15" your definitely better, and you save yourself points.

To be fair, bolters are still :censored:. He was rapid firing with 10 tactical marines, in tactical doctrine and maybe killing 1 immortal.  If you are a space marine players, take primaris, not tacticals.

2.Tesla Immortals are total trash is a bold statement to make after 1 game. You don't need AP to punch through Marine armour, weight of fire can achieve the same thing. Make your opponent roll enough dice and 1's will come up eventually. That is the idea with tesla if I'm not mistaken, 6's are 2 extra hits?

As for his bolters, perhaps he didn't warm up his dice rolling hand. It happens.

3) Don't take immortals, take warriors. The codex is centred around them.

3.Really? From what I briefly read it looked like there were loads of options?

4) The codex is so restrictive...so many times I look at something and think, that would be cool, and then realise it doesn't work.

The codex feels like 3 codex's in 1...Necrons, destroyers and canoptek.

4.Restrictive? There's more units and options in there then ever before if I'm not mistaken. Loads of cool new toys. How do you know it doesn't work if you haven't tried it?

5) The fact that a technomancer cant bring back a destroyer, but an apothecary can bring back a giant 8 wound beach buggy is just stupid.

6) I really want to take szeras but again, he is so frustrating, the possibility of giving +1BS to lynchguard, or +1S to warriors is just dumb

7) I get that a units cant be healed by more than 1 technomancer, but the strat should allow us to target the same unit with the same technomancer.

Or he should be able to bring back D3 core models or 1 non core model in a unit

8) Our HQ section is just so over filled. Some of the HQs should have become elite, especially the royal warden who should also have the sniper rule to make him interesting. He is such a cool model and rather useless compared with the other HQs.

8. I think everyone else currently envies the amount of selection you have. People are screaming for variety. 

Ultimately, you won your first game pretty one sided it seems. You then share you negative thoughts on the internet, and like RTB said, I don't really know what response you are expecting. Other then people telling you how negative you are.

You are the privileged few who got your presents (codex) first, while others will be waiting much much longer for theirs. Don't act spoilt and look at the positive side of things.

Edited by Reskin

I too must confess I don't like the Command Protocols mechanics. Too much to remember and the need for book keeping I believe is a negative experience. I also don't want to buy the cards.

Good to see your experience. I'm a little more optimistic though. ;)

I do have a question; were his Tactical Marines only armed with Bolters? Just your comment about them seemed to imply that.

Been thinking about the new Codex and the big problems I have with it is the Warlord Traits and Relics are rather lacklustre and feel a little bland. That and Command Protocols need looking at.

I'm otherwise happy with it myself. It's not as effective as Space Marines but hey I think we can still compete.

Edited by Captain Idaho

I am also probably just going to ignore Command Protocols in favor of two different dynasty detachments.  Seems the way to go, and even if it were a bit less powerful the amount of remembering and bookkeeping annoys me.

As for the rest, I sort of think we have a lot of choices?  Warriors are good all around, Praetorians are great (even without SK), Canoptek as you say is powerful (thats four units bc the Plasmacyte and Reanimator are meh), C'tan kill things as they should.  So much that I can't make lists that have all I want.

I am more excited for Necrons than I have been since 3rd, and thats even with the still messy storyline.

Edited by caladancid

It really is a lot better than what we have had before, no doubt. I am not unhappy with the codex. But damned if it still requires some heavy amounts of polish. 

After a couple games and thinking more about the codex:
Monoliths, hexmarks, reanimators, and tesla. These units and options are just all over the map with questionable design choices. 

After my couple games, command protocols....is just one of those things that borders on useful and useless for a lot of work. I know it will take time to get used to ranges, limitations (like core, and who has what aura and who can be affected by what). But after a couple games, unless you are rocking a bunch of nobles, you have a small bubble of special rules that, at least in the back of my mind feels like it should be army wide, but it's a lot of work for very little payoff. The abilities are not great, but not useless, but, unless you are szarakan you are struggling to time everything and keep it in range of a leader and in a lot of cases you start to learn and think "is it worth it?" A lot of units that would normally find the command protocols useful are typically units that will find themselves out of reach of a leader. But I may be biased because I was dabbling with undying legion for a couple turns and a lot of multiwound models that could have used a 2 wound return move to fast and often operate far away from a leader. 

Reanimation is arguably better than what it was. There is no doubt about that. But it still feels unfinished and clunky. Once again, some of the limitations are head scratchers. I will be the first one in line to say I don't want an army that makes an opponent pissed off when the majority of the stuff he killed every turn comes back. But I would like another whack some of the abilities we have to bring back a model or two. I don't think it would be game breaking to allow a technomancer to bring back a multi-wound model for a unit that wasn't core. We do have the relic that allows this, but like a res orb its once a game. 

But C'tan(void dragon), doom stalkers, wardens, geuss weapons, warriors surviving where normally they wouldn't, scarabs and tomb spyders....I am having a blast with these units. 

So, not a bad codex and miles better. But dang...some of the things I listed that exist in the negative spectrum, especially the monolith just drives me nuts. If anyone has ever seen the angry video game nerd "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??"

On a positive note about command protocols. While I largely think it could be tooled better, I also dig the clunky difficulty because it reminds me of the good old days with tomb kings. An army that was difficult to play but so rewarding when you could align all the various rules. 

Edited by Ahzek451

After several games myself I will add to and agree with those who find the command protocols useless. They have so little effect and so many limitations. It's clear GW thought the abilities we ultra powerful from the number of limitations they put on them, but in practice they're extra print on a page and little more. In my experience the only ones worth tracking are the first two to three you select. After that, the odds that you have the right protocol for the right unit in the right place with the right character support is virtually nonexistent and not worth remembering. (Sudden Storm, Undying Legion, and Hungry Void have the best use in my opinion).

OP: I know you're catching flak for complaining about winning a game but I did the exact same thing too. I played Marines, I won...but I walked away with a bitter taste in my mouth. Our codex was trash tier in 8th and it is far better now, but it feels like so many of our new or reworked units feel weak or incomplete. Even when you win against Marines you are left with a bad taste in your mouth that is hard to put into words. Out of the entire new range of models, the only winners seem like the Crypteks, Thralls, and Doomstalker. The rest range from situationally good to poor even though the new sculpts are fantastic in every way.

I would suggest trying so alternative builds if you can. My first few games were very heavy on Indomintus units and I was disappointed. My next army leaned into Quantum Shielding, Core, and Canoptek in equal parts and played much better/more fun. The next version I'm trying will be to run the new Sezerakahan? Dynasty and run a core heavy force with canoptek making up the assault elements. Ironically my goal is to try a list that actually leans on the dynastic protocols.

Edited by Bonzi

It really is a lot better than what we have had before, no doubt. I am not unhappy with the codex. But damned if it still requires some heavy amounts of polish. 

Monoliths, hexmarks, reanimators, and tesla. These units and options are just all over the map with questionable design choices. 

After my couple games, command protocols....is just one of those things that borders on useful and useless for a lot of work. I know it will take time to get used to ranges, limitations (like core, and who has what aura and who can be affected by what). But after a couple games, unless you are rocking a bunch of nobles, you have a small bubble of special rules that, at least in the back of my mind feels like it should be army wide, but it's a lot of work for very little payoff. The abilities are not great, but not useless, but, unless you are szarakan you are struggling to time everything and keep it in range of a leader and in a lot of cases you start to learn and think "is it worth it?" A lot of units that would normally find the command protocols useful are typically units that will find themselves out of reach of a leader. But I may be biased because I was dabbling with undying legion for a couple turns and a lot of multiwound models that could have used a 2 wound return move to fast and often operate far away from a leader. 

Reanimation is arguably better than what it was. There is no doubt about that. But it still feels unfinished and clunky. Once again, some of the limitations are head scratchers. I will be the first one in line to say I don't want an army that makes an opponent pissed off when the majority of the stuff he killed every turn comes back. But I would like another whack some of the abilities we have to bring back a model or two. I don't think it would be game breaking to allow a technomancer to bring back a multi-wound model for a unit that wasn't core. We do have the relic that allows this, but like a res orb its once a game. 

But C'tan(void dragon), doom stalkers, wardens, geuss weapons, warriors surviving where normally they wouldn't, scarabs and tomb spyders....I am having a blast with these units. 

So, not a bad codex and miles better. But dang...some of the things I listed that exist in the negative spectrum, especially the monolith just drives me nuts. If anyone has ever seen the angry video game nerd "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??"

On a positive note about command protocols. While I largely think it could be tooled better, I also dig the clunky difficulty because it reminds me of the good old days with tomb kings. An army that was difficult to play but so rewarding when you could align all the various rules. 

Sounds like you are saying it is a finesse army. 

Like tomb kings, one that needs a firm hand and a wise general to command well. One with balls of steel. 

I'd say there are definitely negatives to the Necrons Codex. Command Protocols and Reanimation Protocols seem like they weren't fully playtested as they just miss the flow of a game or are poor for a significant proportion of the army.

Relics and Warlord Traits feel lacklustre too. Just not quite flavourful. The Cryptek gear is okay but there's a bunch no one will take.

The army as a whole ticks many of my boxes but there needs work to be done.

Like tomb kings, one that needs a firm hand and a wise general to command well. One with balls of steel. 

lol yup.

But also yes and no. At least with command protocols. As an old tomb king player myself, you pretty much had to rely on every single trick in the book to even keep your head above water with the rest of them. Doable, but because of the convulated madness and difficulty this acted as a bonus as it would tend to throw off an opponent of any wiser. With the new necrons, you could probably do ok if you threw out the command protocols completely. Just a little less difficulty for us over the tomb kings. But...tons of finesse required to pull off the command protocols hat trick. 

And the silent king...is the beez neez. Fun boy. Minor annoyance that he doesn't benefit from his own dynasty codes, especially if taken in his own army. I could totally see it if he loses his codes if taken in another. 

Edited by Ahzek451

I've only played one game with the new Codex so far and even with it being a small game and having the cards in front of me, I still found Command Protocols to be of minimum use for the amount of faff they were. I can certainly see the argument for ignoring them to run a multi-dynasty list where you are going to get solid, reliable bonuses on the units you need to have them.

That said I did have fun :yes:

lol yup.

But also yes and no. At least with command protocols. As an old tomb king player myself, you pretty much had to rely on every single trick in the book to even keep your head above water with the rest of them. Doable, but because of the convulated madness and difficulty this acted as a bonus as it would tend to throw off an opponent of any wiser. With the new necrons, you could probably do ok if you threw out the command protocols completely. Just a little less difficulty for us over the tomb kings. But...tons of finesse required to pull off the command protocols hat trick. 

And the silent king...is the beez neez. Fun boy. Minor annoyance that he doesn't benefit from his own dynasty codes, especially if taken in his own army. I could totally see it if he loses his codes if taken in another. 

My best mate played tomb kings, lost about 99% of the time, to orcs and dwarves and DE's

But when he did get a victory, we didn't stop hearing about it for a week.

Sounds like he'd love the Necrons then.

Perhaps this codex isn't for the feint of heart, perhaps it requires a delicate touch. Early days yet anyway. 

Yea i didnt mean to say that the units are bad, just that the codex is bad, unbalanced and leans towards certain playstyle/units.

We are the 1st codex in 9th, and i can guarantee that by end of Febuary necrons will be near bottom tier again. And we will have to wait how long to get an update????

Me winning the game had more to go with my opponent being farley new to 9th with a very weak list, but even then a few minor changes to his list and he would have stomped me.

Changing the leviathan for two 10 shot cannons and he wins, changing the terminators & bladeguard for TH/SS terminators and he wins...i just cant kill them quick enough.

Not spending over 140 points on rhinos and he wins (good god GW really hates rhinos now)

And i wasnt taking a competitve list, i just took what i had from 8th, and proxied my warriors as having the assault 2 weapons instead.

I do thing the RP is better, and so is quantum shielding.

But the limitations on everything is soooooo frustrating that to say you have choices is such a joke.

Yea sure you can run whatever you want, but in the end, if you are running 3 doomstalkers, you are running a technomancer, if you are taking a technomancer you are taking 3 units of 2 warriors, if you are taking 3 units of 20 warriors, you are taking a CCB. Then its either lynchguard, destroyers or c'tan, depending on your 3rd HQ.

Why? Because if you take 3 doomstalkers your need the technomancer give them +1 to hit, and then if your taking a technomancer, well he is better at bringing back warriors than immortals, and if you have big blobs of warriors, may as well make them hit on 2s, 

Then if you are taking destroyers, its pointless taking any of the HQs, none of them really help.

For example

I was like how cool would it be to run illuminator with 2 units of skophek destroyers...but he cant even bring 1 of them back...you could even pay an absurd amount of points on a technomancer to bring back 1 of them.

So then i thought ok, i will run them with a technomancer to bring back 1 of them and then use the strat to bring back another one, while giving them a 5+++. Then found out that not only is the chronomancer now giving the 5++, but the ability to bring back 1 non core unit is a 1 PER GAME ABILITY...golly gee. Again, while the ability to bring back a beach buggy may be a mistake that may get errated in 6-12 months time, an apothecary can still bring back a 58point TH/SS terminator...and necrons can't bring back a 35 point model.

Also, i dont mean to sound so negative, you can at the same time do a few cool lists, like the silent king with praetorians is super cool.

But as i have said numerous times, wait a few months and people will be begging for this codex to be fixed.

Oh and the reason i keep mentioning TH/SS terminators is because next codex is space wolves...yea

Agree with protocols after my game today. Units will do a lot better with mixed Dynasties, especially with our custom codes. It does suck how they need to be around characters all the time for their benefits, when the game encourages armies to play the entire board

Managed to get in a couple of game over the weekend.

1st game was vs custodies.

Game was an absolute blood bath, but managed to just pull out the win by sitting on objectives.

A couple of things:

1) this was the last time i took tesla immortals. Volume of shots does not do it. You need AP to puch through armour. Not only that but 10 immortals with tesla in only 60 points cheaper than 5 of those banna guys with axes...insane

2) 20 warriors with a 5++ is a pain to kill

2nd game was vs black templars

I actually wanted to try a different set of dynasty traits and took the +1 to armour saves with D1 weapons, and +1S when within 12"

I really liked that combo and it gave you some durability if you went 2nd.

I felt terrible for my opponent though. I did go 2nd, but he just couldnt kill anything. After turn 5 he had killed a tomb blade and 5 warriors

Also, my tomb blades have been the star of the show every game...but i was just looking through the codex and found i was cheating like crazy. 1) they can only be taken upto units of 9...i had 10. 2) the strat for them to change weapons from rapid fire to assault, well I though it changed your 2 rapid fire guns to assault...but you dont have 2 rapid fire guns, you have a twin rapid fire gun...so instead of getting 4 shots, you should only be getting 2 shots

Edited by jgascoine011

Had a game tonight made up of proxy models (have to wait till Christmas before I can start assembling).

Gotta say I miss the old cryptek trick. Having to take like 3 units to do what the old one could do (+1 to RP, 5++, repair/resurrect) but worse (bye bye aura) just FEELZ.

First game was 500pts with no repair shenanigans and I gotta say, not bringing back warriors seriously cut out a significant portion of the fun of the army.

Second game was 1k pts and I threw in a ghost ark and szeras. Being able to bring back and few d3 warriors a turn was very satisfying.

But one thing I felt was just how squishy the characters are. I don't have the dex, just using battlescribe, but I was hoping that the characters would benefit from some sort of ignore wounds roll or something, but no. Characters get no benefit of RP whatsoever which makes little sense to me in any gaming or fluff sense.

I do have one questions though: Szeras, can he benefit from the strat that can resurrect a cryptek on a 4+? I know the strat says Noble Cryptek and he's got dynastic agent, but I wasn't sure.

They're a fun army, but it feels like you've gotta jump through a lot off hoops to get them to do what they're flavoured for doing.

I don't know, we've been playing combat patrol sized crusade games and we've found them a lot of fun. Warriors refusing to die despite no +1 has been great to see along with frustration in opposition face's - not to sound mean but that's how crons should get people :)

As for a lone cryptek not doing everything, I think that's sensible. They've tried to kill off insta nuking stuff, 3++ saves and such so it's not a bad thing. Ghost ark and technomaner sorts out stuff I think :)

I'm finding the new book to be much more interesting in regards to list design.

Many of the options are tailored towards themed lists, for example I'm plotting a Rad themed combat list, 6" pregame move coupled with -1 toughness in combat, pack the list with Wraiths and other strength 6 units such as Skorphek Destroyers and Lychguard. Characters that support Core units would be of little use to this design of army.

I don't see this as being a weakness to the codex as having a one size fits all auto include buff unit/ character is just lazy game design.

Skorphek Destroyers are S5

Its not about having auto-include characters, but having  usefull characters.

The royal warden for example...i have played around 10 games with necrons since they can out (all 2K) and I really wanted to use this guy. Not in a single game would this guy have even been useful, i mean even if he could take a res-orb he could maybe be useful.

Oh and we basically do have near auto-includes...CCB & C'tan 

This book is just lazy game design IMO. So many stupid convulted rules trying to force you to play a certain way.

Not sure on the C'tan being auto-includes. I recently used the Nightbringer and he was very dominant at what he did, but he does fail to hit and wound stuff with some of his attacks, which really does leave a couple models alive from small units.

Example was 5 Assault Intercessors. He missed with 1 of his 6 attacks, failed to wound with 1 of his 5 wound rolls, with a roll of a 1 on a single wound roll too.

He's very killy and if used correctly will be wicked and can fit into plenty of lists as a powerful option.

I just couldn't help but feel those 350pts could have been better spent on some extra things for the army.

I imagine the Nightbringer and friends will lose favour once the tournament scene starts up again. Powerful but many armies can take them down in a couple turns due to damage dealt in different Phases. I just hope we don't see a massive limitation imposed by an FAQ or points increase due to the knee jerk reaction of many.