Imperial Armour compendium

Ahzek451

There are a couple reviews online. Looks like not too many massive changes but did notice mostly some downgrades.

Acanthrites only took a couple points decrease, lost close phase blade, an attack, and as with all canoptek units BS and WS is 4+.

Tomb sentinals and stalkers are roughly the same, stalker went down in points. No gloom prism access anymore.

The night shroud remains pretty much the same with it's one time use bombs which is a bit of a disappointment. 

The smaller pylons are now fortifications. 

The seraptek took a hit with it's close combat attacks and weapon profiles. They are now roughly equal making it harder to decided which is better but lost all abilities to dish out mortal wounds. Points increase and slower movement. 

The good:

The tesseract ark I think is better. With quantom shielding and a 4++ now this thing is a brick house. slight points increase. 

The big boy pylon has had a lot of changes in weapon profiles. I think this guy is a winner. Remained the same points. The main gun does 2d3 instead of d6. Standard BS3 that degrades but no longer has a minus to hit when shoot at non-aircraft. +2 to hit against aircraft.

Secondary fire mode does some work now, stronger than before. 

The tesla arc now no longer degrades and has tesla rule. 

The pylon is begging to be plopped mid-field on an objective (if possible). Nuke a knight or big boy upon arrival and say, "Come at me bro." 

My favorites so far are the pylon and tesseract ark.

Edited by Ahzek451

Thanks for the info! I'm really glad about the Tesseract Ark, it's one of my favorite models. I was sad to see the Indomitus OL boost disappear and the tesla being restricted to natural 6's, but that's fine. It's also my favorite paint job :)

I guess the sentry pylon being fortification is a good thing; frees up a heavy support slot. I might combine one with the eternal guardian protocol to save on the teleportation matrix. Not sure if it'd perform well with the 9th's battlefields though, stuff like the TA and TS that can both shoot at range, in melee and after fallbacking (with the right support/awakening) just seems better. Maybe if I know my opponent has many flyers and not a lot of BLoS terrain.

The Seraptek went down 10 points*, seems fine for what it does. Giving up Titan Hunter is a hard sell with anything these days but if you're vehicle heavy already it looks good.

The Ark having a 4++ base with QS is really good, but main gun lost 12" of range on its heavy but is now 12" on its "flamer" profile.

I agree the Pylon is a winner. It will do massive damage and delete things upon arrival. The new secondary profile is 30" rapid fire 6 S6 -2 2 and is very good.

The sentry pylons being a fort might actually make them the best fortification in the game. They no longer compete for heavy, refund CP due to being Necrons, no penalties for shooting non FLY, just cost a detachment. Still gives up Bring it Down, but if Harlies can spam vehicles and still be the best faction Im starting to think Bring it Down is less of a liability.

Edit: *I keep seeing people say it wen up 25 points but everywhere I look it is 660, including the app, thus it got 10 points cheaper?

Edited by Nusquam

When you say the tesseract ark lost 12 inches of range- do you mean on its long range heavy profile only, or did it lose range on the middle profile too?

Does it still have options for its side gun (gauss and particle) besides the tesla gun supplied in the kit?

I do agree that the Pylon and Sentry Pylon are probably our biggest winners here. But I'm honestly most excited to try out the Canoptek units. I doubt any of them will single-handedly win me any games or anything crazy like that, but they just look like a ton of fun to try out. 

Has anyone used any of the Forgeworld stuff yet since the rules were updated? If so, how'd they do for you?