Building new necron army

happyslugger

Just thought I would pop by and say hello.

Finally getting around to building the Necron side of the Indomitus sets I purchased so thought it was time to say hello.

Just a quick question if I may.

As more experienced Necron players, do you run the warriors with Flayers or Reapers?  I have 50 warriors, so thought perhaps 30 Flayers and 20 Reapers (I don't have the codex yet - i wont buy it until the army is finished).

Cheers

Couple of pics of my start (sorry not very good quality)

mL757xV.jpg

jpmf9dS.jpg

Edited by happyslugger

I've only played two small games so far but the coventional wisdom is clear. 

Reapers are better if you have ways to get them into range. Like 10 in a ghost ark or using veil or night scythe. 

If you just want to hold a backfield obj or march them up the board though, Flayers are better. 

Also good job with those models! Szarekhan?

I've only played two small games so far but the coventional wisdom is clear. 

Reapers are better if you have ways to get them into range. Like 10 in a ghost ark or using veil or night scythe. 

If you just want to hold a backfield obj or march them up the board though, Flayers are better. 

Also good job with those models! Szarekhan?

Might do 30 and 20 then.  Worst case another recruit boxset (cant see my BA ever wanting less assault marines/death company when the time comes).

I know very, very little about the lore and I am not a great painter....so I just found a scheme I knew I could copy on youtube and have followed that.  We only play friendly games, so if we want to mix things up we can :-)

Thanks for the feedback.

Yo must have bought quite a few recruit editions then with that many scarabs!

Most of my warriors are flayers (prebuilt) but I have built my indomicrons with reapers to experiment a bit, and I have some other models with converted carbines I could easily say are reapers. 

Yo must have bought quite a few recruit editions then with that many scarabs!

Most of my warriors are flayers (prebuilt) but I have built my indomicrons with reapers to experiment a bit, and I have some other models with converted carbines I could easily say are reapers. 

Nope just the one (but two indomi' sets) :biggrin.:

Well building the skorpekh models were fun :verymad:.  Managed to snap an arm on one, but that's okay as I re-positioned it in a different pose and now at least it looks like a different model.

Managed to paint up my 50 warriors and also my C'tan night bringer.

I will start work on the 6 Skorpekh models tomorrow and when the lighting is a bit better, post up a picture.

agr3Dx9.jpg

znf05lx.jpg

o5vPpDu.jpg

Again sorry about the poor picture quality

Edited by happyslugger

Hi Bjorn.

I am using this stuff:

https://www.geekgaming.co.uk/products/lukes-aps-base-ready-grimdark-tomb-world

I also have a bucket load of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50x-Clear-Green-Very-Small-Resin-Crystals-for-Modeling-Basing-Design-3/193134941233?hash=item2cf7bd5431:g:RnsAAOSwwppdk10v

And these for the larger models:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Clear-Green-Small-17mm-Resin-Crystals-Design-2-for-Modeling/192830188990?hash=item2ce5932dbe:g:VY4AAOSw6nhcapWV

Doesn't show particularly well on the pictures though and I haven't added the material to all the models yet.

Edited by happyslugger

• 2 weeks later...