DW 5 Man Outrider Squads

L30n1d4s

Now that it is official (i.e. not just Index rules), being able to take 5 Outriders in a Kill Team and Combat Squad them opens up some interesting possibilities, especially with the new DW Strats, Relics, Psychic Powers, etc.

Specifically, with the ability to swap Mission Tactics for a First Founding Chapter Tactic via the new DW Strat, you can give 5 Outriders Blood Angel Tactics for +1 to Wound on the charge.

Add in the option to put your army in Assault Doctine whichever turn you want, the new DW Psychic power that gives +1 to Hit, and a nearby Captain for rerolld and you can have the following:

5 Outriders with 30 attacks on the Charge, all at S4 AP-2 Dmg1.

With all the buffs, you are hitting on 2+s, rerollable, and have +1 to Wound... against MEQs they are killing 7-8 models by themselves, not even counting the 20 x S4 AP-1 shots at Rapid Fire range.

In terms of durability, they have 20 × T5 3+ wounds, with the option of a 5+++ FNP from the Librarian powers.

Finally, they have Objective Secured, thanks to being part of a Kill Team, and can move up 20" a turn, making them pretty amazing objective grabbers.

I am thinking about including 1-2 5 bike combat squads like this in a DW force, seeing all the different roles they can play for an army.

I wouldn’t take more than one, simply because regular vet bikes are competitive and have the strictly better regular veterans as the base unit. 

I don’t think we want to spam anything in our codex since we are not exactly superior at anything to the main books. 

I wouldn’t take more than one, simply because regular vet bikes are competitive and have the strictly better regular veterans as the base unit. 

I don’t think we want to spam anything in our codex since we are not exactly superior at anything to the main books. 

spam? Apart from Indomitor Kill Team...I'm really planning a full Gravis Deathwatch force...Not the most competitive build I know, but surely it is funny as hell to play...

Look at opponent try to pass trough 90 T5 Save 3+/5++/6+++ is funny...

One more thing... if you are taking the Outriders as part of a Kill Yeam, then you can give the entire Kill Team a Specialization, either rerolling 1s to Wound against a certain FOC type or, if you are already rerolling 1s to Wound against that FOC due to Mission Tactics, then rerolling ALL wounds against that FOC type.

If you have the right Specialization against the right enemy FOC type, this can kick DW Outriders into a whole new level of damage output.