Best dynasty/traits for a destroyer themed army?

MegaVolt87

Ranged or CC?

In general, for destroyer heavy armies (same for canoptek) the custom traits of ObSec/and the pregame 6" move will do the best. ObSec let's you not take troops and the extra move helps get into CC quicker or to move to a better firing position.

The 6" move is great. I used it with Skorpekhs in Crusade and they've made turn one charges every game so far (but my opponents have helped by moving forward). It was useful for Lokhusts too, I deployed them out of LoS and once I knew I was going first flew to the top of a building and started shooting.

Obsec trait is really good also, but I've been having a blast with Rad-Wreathed on Skorpekhs. They have torn through everything they've hit so far (except a Blighthauler which they took to one wound).

Edit: I'm not playing super competitively, FYI, just saying what has been fun for me to use

Edited by Nemesor Tyriks

I found my Skorpekh really enjoyed Rad-Wreathed. Dropping the Toughness of Marines down to 3, combined with a Plasmacyte, means every Destroyer is going to wound on a 2+.

Even without a Plasmacyte, Rad-Wreathed still helps with the Reap-Blade wounding Marines on a 2+, which makes a nice difference.

ObSec and 6" is pretty standard for custom. I like rad wreathed for the fun of it and there's also the Arise Against Interlopers, roll a 6 for autowound vs infantry or biker, but doubling down on wounded seems pointless.

Novokh theme is fun, +1 charge is okay, probably don't need more armor pen on charge. 1cp for +1 attack though, on a big unit of skorp's. Make your Skorp Lord the warlord and get the trait wound roll of 6 = mortal wound. If you don't have the noble, no Command Protocol, so doubling up on Hungry Void (for more armor pen and str) is probably not a major draw.

I was mainly considering it for a split force of a Destroyer (skorp & ophidian) and flayers in one detachment and another detachment of more traditional shootie necrons.