Dice4thedicegod’s Daemon bashes! Slaanesh and khorne!

dice4thedicegod

Your beast of nurgle turned out really nicely and definitely looks the part - slug legs for the win! 

Your flesh hounds are also very nice (both the regular and haired variety) - the use of the different models seems a great way to differentiate between different squads (which can always be tricky for models with little in the way of clothes/armour).

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Agreed, Nice use of the old Warhounds :thumbsup:  seeing the Flesh Hound under them, they look well matched paint wise! , oh you should paint the spiky tail bits on the War Hounds in bone though :sweat:

Great work!,

Cheers, M

Definitely like the change - oversized, yes , but not by 40K standards.  He looks much better when the pistol is only the size of his thigh and not of his chest. :biggrin:

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Fiddling with another old model, my daemon prince of khorne.  He used to have dual claws but the sword is so much better nowadays that I searched around for a way to equip him with one.

unfortunately, my bits box did not have a daemon prince hand/sword.  But I did have an Ork hand and a drukhari rudder!

33A3BA53-34CA-4D0D-9FAE-8266F314CD40.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Another off the wall attempt… wanted a skull cannon but couldn’t find one online (and eBay was extortionate) and wasn’t that fond of the official model anyway… so… one second hand ogor mawtribe (age of sigmar) cannon later… 

D355EAE8-FE8E-4126-BAF0-F660C7382F33.jpeg

Hopefully a paint job pulls it all together!

and hopefully made the right call about the blood smoking out of the barrel…

Looks great.  At first I wasn't keen on how free floating the cannon looked, but didn't know how to comment on that and also be constructive.  Painted up, it is hardly noticeable.  I especially like how you did the black/grey on the cannon- very striking and evocative.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 2 weeks later...

Took the daemons out for their first games today (I’d used some as Allies but never as  a pure list).   Played a 3-round 36-player RTT.   Was a blast!

first round against orks.  Second, a bit of a mirror match against undivided daemons, third against astra militarum.

I was one of 5 undefeated, so the placing ended up using points, where I came in third.

super fun, and good seeing the greater daemons (who power my list) doing well.

• 2 months later...

Wow, daemons are so cheap now.  Have a RTT coming up in July and I’m seriously tempted by a 6 big uns mister mash list.  

Be’lakor

enhanced lord of change

bloodthirster

bloodthirster

GUO

Rotigus

skull cannon

beast of nurgle

flamers (not so happy about these as they are less than 9 toughness… but hopefully they can hide or deep strike)

2000 on the nose - and probably harder to take down than a knight army!

D506FB04-EC1B-447F-80E2-F2A7C0176345.jpeg