Tomb blades

01RTB01

Do you mean 4 gauss and 1 tesla? Yeah that's what I'd do.

My experience is limited, but mine tended to be susceptible to flamers that auto hit, thus ignoring the -1 to hit. Those weapons are now surely blast, so I'm very reluctant to run bigger units.

For the other options, that'd depend on the matchup and what I have to sacrifice in my list to make room for the points.

Automatically hitting weapons are seldom Blast, just roll amount of hits so quite swingy.

The Strategum is nice of course so having 1 with Tesla isn't terrible.

Tomb Blades are really good at floating around at range mid table, scoring you VPs from objectives (Primary and Secondary). For that reason I'd actually be less worried about most Automatically hitting weapons as they're usually short ranged.

That's why I usually lean towards Tesla as it doesn't lose shots at range.

One of the things I love about Tomb blades is they are core and come in units of up to nine. That's easily buffed firepower comparable to unit of 18 immortals. Even the Royal Wardens fallback and shoot ability works on them. 

I never play against heavy flamers though. Isn't the 5+ bonus on blast pretty negligible?

Makes sense, and character/stratagem buffs on 9 TB are more efficient than on 5. There's also a much greater chance that the technomancer will get to reanimate some TB in a bigger unit, which would be super nice.

Personally I don't sweat blast weapons that much. With the way RP works, losing more multiwound models actually increases your chances of bringing one or two back funnily enough. Given that tomb blades are two wounds a piece I'd run em max size to capitalize on RP for that first incoming salvo. Gauss is the way to go IMO.