1. Units that charged

2. Units that interrupt

3. Units that fight first

4. Units that charged previous turn

5. Player whose turn it is selects a unit that didn’t charge

6. Other player selects a unit

7. Repeat steps 5 and 6

8. Units that have to fight last

Units that charged a previous turn get nothing and 9th ed changed it so if its not your turn you get first pick.

Its

1. Units that always fight first or charged or interrupt, alternating and starting with the player whose turn it is

2. Other units, starting with the player whose turn it isn't.

3. Any unit that can't fight until the end, alternating and starting with the player whose turn it is.

Or

1. Player picks a unit that charged or always strikes first to fight

2. Opponent picks a unit to interupt or one that always strikes first

Repeat until you run out.

2b. Player can pay cp to interupt if opponent has multiple units that always strike first

3. Opponent picks a unit that didn't charge and isn't fighting last or has both a rule that makes them strike first and a rule that makes them strike last (they cancel out)

4. Player picks a unit that didn't charge.

Repeat alternating

5. Player picks a unit that can't fight until the end.

6. Opponent picks a unit that can't fight until the end.

Repeat.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

There could well be a unit with such special rules, but I don't know of one that does.

If it is a unit that has the rule of "always fights first", with no other qualifications (for example, Emperor's Children units), its as CS set out above.

Incidentally, the only actual changes (that I'm aware of) are that the non-turn player choses first for units that don't have sort of "fight first" rule (charging, etc.), and that the rules explicitly refer to units that always fight last.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I believe there are units that go first but after units which have charged.

If you have some examples, please provide them. I am not aware of any rules like that, but I am hardly an expert on every army.

But otherwise, the Rare Rules section lays out how units that fight first/last work in regard to priority. It is:

1) Units that charged or always fight first (alternating activations starting with the player whose turn it is)

2) Units that did not charge (alternating starting with the player whose turn is not taking place)

3) Units that always fight last (alternating starting with the player whose turn it is).