Making Incursors With Reivers

Sciox

The Space Marine Christmas box has the Infiltrator/Incursors multi-part sprue and the Reiver sprue in it. Would anyone who's assembled the kits be able to tell me if it would be possible to build a squad of Infiltrators and use the Incursor parts to convert the Reivers?

Looking at pictures of the sprues it looks possible but I figured it was best to double check before spending a few hundred bucks.

Your only "problem will be the carbines. My suggestion would be to build the Infiltrators normal but with the Reiver backpacks, then use the Incursor heads and backpack but using the Reiver Carbine. As usual the difference in the Carbines is negligible, so I doubt many would notice the Incursor carbine switch. The Infiltrator backpack looks cooler but the antenna are fairly fragile so that switch is easy to explain away. 

I'm planning to do exactly what everyone is proposing here, with the addition of the Invictor pilot's helmet instead of Incursor visors (not wearing helmets bothers me).

There's a tiny difference;

Reiver plastrons are decorated with a skull and crossed knives, while other phobos suits have a skull and crossbones.

In my mind, this is a feature, not a bug! :biggrin.: While Infiltrators are Battleline squads, and Eliminators are Fire Support, both Reivers and Incursors are Close Support, so it makes sense to me that they would share this iconography as well.

This works completely fine. There are enough guns in the infiltrator kit to tool up two squads and you have different magazines, heads etc. I don't know why there are so many guns, but there you go.

The Reivers come with pouches cast on their legs. That's fine to make infiltrators but if you want incursors you'll have to cut them off, then stick a set of knives there. It works fine but requires more work.

Also, the infiltrator set backpacks have a notch in them for the aerials. You'll have to remove the bit on the aerial that goes in there.

Have to admit they might not be worth much on the table but Reivers (and Assault Intercessors) are great kits to grab conversion bits. I made a Phobos Apothecary from the Reivers (and toned down the Gothic features on my Bladeguard with the Intercessors)

I'd do it the other way around.

I'd build them as Incursors using the Incursor legs, torso, Reiver pack, Reiver Bolt Carbine arms and Incursor head. I'd then add the Incursor gun sensor scope to the top of the Reiver carbine and the Incursor sensor to the top of the Reiver pack. This way the knives fit to the legs nicely and you don't worry about leg pouches.

Then I'd make the Infiltrators using the Reiver torso and legs, add the Infiltrator back pack, use the Infiltrator Marksmen Carbine arms and Infiltrator heads.

That should keep converting to a bare minimum.

I'd do it the other way around.

I'd build them as Incursors using the Incursor legs, torso, Reiver pack, Reiver Bolt Carbine arms and Incursor head. I'd then add the Incursor gun sensor scope to the top of the Reiver carbine and the Incursor sensor to the top of the Reiver pack. This way the knives fit to the legs nicely and you don't worry about leg pouches.

Then I'd make the Infiltrators using the Reiver torso and legs, add the Infiltrator back pack, use the Infiltrator Marksmen Carbine arms and Infiltrator heads.

That should keep converting to a bare minimum.

Yes that way is definitely easier. But if you want to mix things up a bit with the legs you can cut off some Reiver leg pouches easily enough.

You don't need to use the Reiver guns at all - though you could do if you wanted. There are enough guns in the infiltrator box for everyone - it comes with 22 of them for 10 guys I think. It's almost like they planned it.

I quite like the foregrip on the Reiver guns though, so using them could look cool.

Only problem you'll then have is what to do with 10 incursors and 10 infiltrators. It's almost certainly more of these guys than you'd need at 2k. And obviously none of them want to ride in your Impulsor...

Edited by Mandragola

The Reiver carbines look great with the oculus bolt carbine sights. Clipping off pouches is pretty simple, and Space Marine plates probably have a lot of pouches from other kits if you end up messing up the pouches on the Reiver legs.

It was mostly about the chest icons for me.

The Infiltrator box builds like all the Primaris multi kit load out guns, you get loads of options but only 1 main gun chassis per guy.

So if you use that for a model all you have left over is the clip and sight for the other version.

Think bolt rifle.

The Infiltrator box builds like all the Primaris multi kit load out guns, you get loads of options but only 1 main gun chassis per guy.

So if you use that for a model all you have left over is the clip and sight for the other version.

Think bolt rifle.

Kinda, but when you factor in things like the "holstered" boltguns, the one handed boltguns, and a few spare poses, it works out as being much more than just 10.

In fact, if we look at the sprues, by my count there are 11 boltguns on the two sprues. But that's only for 5 guys, so the full box of 10 has 22.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marines-Primaris-Incursors-2020

Edited by Brother Adelard

Think bolt rifle.

Kinda, but when you factor in things like the "holstered" boltguns, the one handed boltguns, and a few spare poses, it works out as being much more than just 10.

The intercecssor sprue has more than one gun per body as well coming out to around 10. The infiltrator/incursor sprue has 11 guns and 5 bodies. Even Hellblasters and Reivers have 2 more incinerators/carbines than bodies.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Think bolt rifle.

The intercecssor sprue has more than one gun per body as well coming out to around 10. The infiltrator/incursor sprue has 11 guns and 5 bodies. Even Hellblasters and Reivers have 2 more incinerators/carbines than bodies.

This is right. So if you want to give all your guys the guns out of the set, you're going to need to use quite a lot of unusual poses. But that's a good thing in my book. 

You might have to look a bit into what the other arm is doing, with some of the one-handed gun poses. These are sometimes designed to be paired with things like the haywire mine or comms array, which you might not be using. But you'll have the Reiver arms to play with when it comes to that, so I think you'll be fine.

If you're sticking the incursor sights onto the Reiver guns I think you'd want to pin them. Otherwise they'll fall off and you don't have any spares to replace them with.

Think bolt rifle.

In fact, if we look at the sprues, by my count there are 11 boltguns on the two sprues. But that's only for 5 guys, so the full box of 10 has 22.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marines-Primaris-Incursors-2020

Holstered boltguns?

I think the slings must magically extend out of their shoulders when required. Otherwise they'd always get snagged when you tried to take them off, and there's usually no evidence of them on unslung guns.

That wouldnt be a problem isolated to the 41st millennium to be fair, which is why modern rifle slings are designed to be used while worn.

I think the slings must magically extend out of their shoulders when required. Otherwise they'd always get snagged when you tried to take them off, and there's usually no evidence of them on unslung guns.

The 5th ed snapfit marines had a mix of slings and not slings.