WAR's 2nd Brotherhood

WAR

• 4 weeks later...

Game # 2 for 10th edition. Loss.....but moral Victory. 

Very thematic lists Iron Warrior lists vs Grey Knights

His force consisted of 

Warp Smith

Master of Possession

2 Hell Brutes

2 Cultist squads

2 Chaos marine squad

Accursed Cultist

Traitor guars

Noctilith Crown

vs 

Librarian

5 terminators

2x 5 man Strike squad

5 Interceptors

5 Purgation 

2 Razorbacks

Venerable Dreadnought 

Inquistor

6 Inquisitorial Henchmen 

First turn saw my Grey Knights fail to inflict damage to the Crown hurting one dread, and killing most of the traitor guard and some cultist. The highlight of turn 1 Venerable dreadnought rolling 2's for both his Lascannon and Missile launchers, to hit.  My Friend's turn saw the strike squad jumped by the accursed cultist and dying, Razorback taking damage.  The other razorback pummeled by the other hell brute,  Purgation squad were shot by the surviving traitor guard. 

2nd turn saw Librarian and terminators deep strike along with the Interceptors and Ven Dread teleporting and relocating. Ven Dread once again rolled 2's to hit :wallbash:. Libby did his thing and vortex of doomed the Noctlilth Crown for 10 damage. his termie squad opened and killed a bunch of cultist. End of turn 2 saw almost all cultist dead, strike squads both dead, both razorbacks dead, 

Turn 3 saw my forces dewindling badly. Vortex on crown added another 2 wounds and the terminator Psycannon finished it off. resulting explosion took out 4 chaos marines, traitor guard, reamining cultist, and my Terminators lost of member. At the end of turn 3 I had Libby and Interceptor Justicar left. Game called. 

Still Plodding along on my Call to Arms Vow. Still alot to do on Terminators plus so many more to paint

2x5 man Grey Knights Paladin squads (10pts),

2x6 man Terminator squads (12pts),

1 Terminator for previous squad (1 pt) -In Progress

2 Apothecaries (10 pts),

Librarian (5 pts),- In Progress

2 Ancients (10 pts)- 1 In Progress

1 Mystic (5pts)- Completed

1 Acolyte (5pts)- In Progress

large.IMG_7632.jpeg.ca66d1039315e4d8547856c97ee0f28d.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First update for 2024!

My group is hitting 30k pretty hard ...so nothing on the model front for my Grey Knights. I did get my 4 Grey Knight Strike Cruisers for Battlefleet Gothic and Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex from my friend. My group has not been playing 10th edition partially due to rules creep, none of the marine players have bought the cards or codex. I plan on buying the Agents of the Imperium, Grey Knight and Adepta Sororitas Codexes and cards but I have no plans to really buy anything else for those 2 armies, just build and paint what I have. The other part of the delay on any hobby updates is I "officially" moved in with my GF now Fiancé and her kids. and had to redo my hobby area.  That is finally up and running sorta...it is set up for now.

• 3 weeks later...

So I keep thinking about the 40k hobby and I keep going back my Grey Knights. I have many projects to deal with on my Grey Knights:

• revisit my Kill Team and possibly redo them
  • Increase terminator squad size and add Ancients and Apothecary
  • Add Ancients to Paladin squads
  • Add another Strike team or 3
  • Finish Techmarine Razorback
  • Build 3rd strike squad Razorback
  • Build Land Raiders
  • Paint all primed models

Once my house sells and I look at the funds, I think I am gonna buy a kit I have been wanting for a while. 

10-04-Thunderhawk_Content.thumb.jpg.a911ff91216f0316cd702822e39c9908.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't have anything constructive to add but wanted to let you know that I've browsed through your thread and am impressed by your commitment. You have an absolutely lovely army and I'll make sure to visit this part of the forum more often.

Thank you for the kind words @Brother Christopher. I really need to update all the photos. 

While on vacation I was able to start reading the Grey Knight Omnibus by Ben Counter. I am in Chapter Nine of Book 2 Dark Adepts. Even though the books are not accurate (usually the case with BL stories) it has given me more desire to work on my Grey Knights. So purchased a few more items....

s-l1600(7).thumb.jpg.31744d6ad8a13f582a091b38767961e8.jpg

s-l1600(6).thumb.jpg.6a0ca66c08e49676b7a952c88882bb49.jpg

More banners.....

s-l1600(5).thumb.jpg.5e13ddca1a21b95be74160e225a24ace.jpg

I want a Terminator carrying a censor so...

s-l1600(4).thumb.jpg.e9c5f71387b0b0c7955e8ebd641a9343.jpg

x2 I seem to going thru a ton of hooded heads so I figured grab some more. 

s-l1600(3).thumb.jpg.91d32ae46d93edf33cd005c6c9bb0edd.jpg

09th 

Sons of Titan Hardback. 

s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.277f525be5430f903ec1a91e1096087d.jpg

Another Banner or 2 if I can pull it off and parts I need for a planned Diorama - Grey Knight Terminator preparing to suit up

I also picked up a Chimera for  an "Engineseer" as part of the 909th Hell Rain and my Inquisitorial Force along with some other things....