Advice on a new Chapter?

Hello brothers, I've been collecting SW's since 2nd edition and although I won't stop collecting them I feel like collecting a new chapter but can't choose between Imperial Fists, Blood Angels and Raven Guard. Help in choosing between these will earn you a glorious death in battle for the Emperor to smile at. Edited by Captain Idaho
Just made the title clear from HH :)

So I guess the best place to start would be what do you want in an army?

Easy to paint? Blood Angels or Raven Guard.

Punchy? Blood Angels.

Offensive Shooty? Imperial Fists

Defensive Shooty? Raven Guard

The codex has a lot of tools to go beyond that, but that's your biggest buffs sorted.

So I guess the best place to start would be what do you want in an army?

Easy to paint? Blood Angels or Raven Guard.

Punchy? Blood Angels.

Offensive Shooty? Imperial Fists

Defensive Shooty? Raven Guard

The codex has a lot of tools to go beyond that, but that's your biggest buffs sorted.

For me its all lore, I don't care about the rules.

Blood Angels:

Angry guys that really like stabbing things and sometimes go bonkers and think they are their Primarch. When they aren't being angry and stabbing things they like to be artistic. More humanitarian than any Chapter but the Salamanders. They REALLY like jump packs.

Imperial Fists:

Stubborn guys who like shooting things with bolters. A lot of bolters. When they aren't shooting things with bolters they are fond of building fortresses. Their stubbornness can be a detriment because they really don't like to retreat, even when it would be a good idea.

Raven Guard:

Sneaky guys who will either shoot their enemy from an unknown position or stab them from out of nowhere. They like jump packs more than anyone but the Blood Angels. More pragmatic than most Chapters and actually make a point of avoiding unnecessary casualties, both civilians and their own. Tied for humanitarianism with the Space Wolves, just behind the Blood Angels (Salamanders still hold the title).

Blood Angels:

Angry guys that really like stabbing things and sometimes go bonkers and think they are their Primarch. When they aren't being angry and stabbing things they like to be artistic. More humanitarian than any Chapter but the Salamanders. They REALLY like jump packs.

Imperial Fists:

Stubborn guys who like shooting things with bolters. A lot of bolters. When they aren't shooting things with bolters they are fond of building fortresses. Their stubbornness can be a detriment because they really don't like to retreat, even when it would be a good idea.

Raven Guard:

Sneaky guys who will either shoot their enemy from an unknown position or stab them from out of nowhere. They like jump packs more than anyone but the Blood Angels. More pragmatic than most Chapters and actually make a point of avoiding unnecessary casualties, both civilians and their own. Tied for humanitarianism with the Space Wolves, just behind the Blood Angels (Salamanders still hold the title).

I'd argue the Lamenters actually hold the title but keep getting snubbed because everyone hates them for being cursed.

Blood Angels:

Imperial Fists:

Raven Guard:

I'd argue the Lamenters actually hold the title but keep getting snubbed because everyone hates them for being cursed.

Fair enough.

I tend to want to go with the blood angels but, the fact that Sanguinius is dead and they probably won't get a Primarch unless there is some lore nonsense it makes me reticent to choose them.   

Go with the Blood Angels if that is what your gut is saying. There are absolutely zero guarantees we will see a return of all or any the other Primarchs so with exception of Guilliman for all intents and purposes the rest are gone and dead to the Imperium.

There are a stack of races awaiting codexes and new models so it's probably going to remain that way for some time yet.

Ask yourself what it is that appeals to you about the Blood Angels.

I tend to want to go with the blood angels but, the fact that Sanguinius is dead and they probably won't get a Primarch unless there is some lore nonsense it makes me reticent to choose them.   

Go with the Blood Angels if that is what your gut is saying. There are absolutely zero guarantees we will see a return of all or any the other Primarchs so with exception of Guilliman for all intents and purposes the rest are gone and dead to the Imperium.

There are a stack of races awaiting codexes and new models so it's probably going to remain that way for some time yet.

Ask yourself what it is that appeals to you about the Blood Angels.

Yeah I know you are right, I'll probably end up choosing blood angels, just love their look and lore and if they aren't going to release Sanguinius along with the other Primarchs I can see them just really buffing Sanguinor and saying Sanguinius' essence or something is within him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello brothers, I've been collecting SW's since 2nd edition and although I won't stop collecting them I feel like collecting a new chapter but can't choose between Imperial Fists, Blood Angels and Raven Guard. Help in choosing between these will earn you a glorious death in battle for the Emperor to smile at.

If you have a hard time deciding you can always simply paint up your own Chapter, create its own Lore, and then use the Blood Angel rules if you like, or switch to Imperial Fists for another game, and so on. Or even use the Successor Chapter traits.

Coming up with your own Lore and paint scheme sounds like a lot of fun to me. :)