Mortis

Marshal Loss

Granted there's only so many turbo lasers you can pack into one book before you get numb to it

Precisely why it didn't get much air time, and why novels since have been repetitive for not heeding this 

Edited by Carach

So what's this "Blackstone"?

It’s a prison for psykers built into the Tower of the Hegemon.

I wonder if it's also made of blackstone...thus linking it with, well the Blackstone Fortresses and what not.

It is. Blackstone has the ability to work as psy-suppressant. That's why Cadia and other worlds along the eye were filled with blackstone monoliths. On the flipside, it appears that the traitors have figured out how to reverse Blackstone's polarity to instead have it amplify warp shenanigans. It's been one of the key points in making the Great Rift appear.

While by M41, the secrets of Blackstone were almost entirely forgotten by all but a "few" experts, the Emperor and Malcador appear to have been perfectly aware of its uses. Hence a special prison made with it.

After spending the morning staring out the window like a puppy waiting for his owner to come home, the postie came and went without dropping mine off.... I had already penciled the evening as a DND with the misses too... Guess I will have to have another day of hopefully running to the window every time a car pulls up tomorrow... 

The absolute silence surrounding Mortis (in comparison with Alpharius book) scares me...

Could be promising, in a sense. A lot of the usual outlets only get hype if a new release is focused around interminable lore details of primarchs or perpetuals or huge! shocking! revelations! If this is not that sort of book, so much the better.