What lore progression would you like to see?

Grey Hunter Ydalir

I think you misunderstand what I was thinking. I was talking about one of these: 

pri3foP.jpg

But as a grav tank that rams into a breach and unloads angry Astartes.

well that's not a tank which is what you did ask for.

Conceptually speaking, isn't that pretty much just the Mastadon?

Mastodon-1.jpg

40k rule of cool, but again...that front hatch is a death trap. 

the damn thing is already going to be receiving AT fire, now we're just going to open the front of it up so the troops inside can get caught in a fatal funnel while AT is slinging at them lol

But we all know from playing halo hover vehicles can't ram, just awkwardly glide over the target and go flying off the map...or end up in an awkward position that parents don't want to explain :biggrin.:

The Mastadon doesn't ram, it uses a Melta Cannon to punch holes in walls then shoves the front doors into the breach and lets the angry contents out through the new door.

But we all know from playing halo hover vehicles can't ram, just awkwardly glide over the target and go flying off the map...or end up in an awkward position that parents don't want to explain :biggrin.:

Iunno, I got more kills running people over with the Ghost than I did with it's guns :lol:

I think you misunderstand what I was thinking. I was talking about one of these: 

[image snipped]

[image snipped]

the damn thing is already going to be receiving AT fire, now we're just going to open the front of it up so the troops inside can get caught in a fatal funnel while AT is slinging at them lol

Mate... Have you read anything about the Mastodon? It's more armoured than a Land Raider on the front, even with the ramp.

The vehicle was designed as a wall-breacher/mobile bunker

Lore progression? I want to know a lot more about all aspects of the Eldar and what is going on with Ynnead. Having that faction as a pseudo faction is really weird to me.

Agreed. They feel like the old Harlequins (basically should just be an opition in the codex proper) that just lacks enough to be a real unique option.

That said, Incubi and Banshees both have Ynnari heads, so we could see a larger Ynnari codex or supplement come out on the back of a line revamp.

Okay, but make it FLOAT.

TA-DAAAAAAAH! :p

pri3foP.jpg

Lore progression? I want to know a lot more about all aspects of the Eldar and what is going on with Ynnead. Having that faction as a pseudo faction is really weird to me.

I really feel like the Ynnead/Ynnari thread is one that GW regrets pulling on, and something that they would like to just politely stop talking about now.

I really feel like the Ynnead/Ynnari thread is one that GW regrets pulling on, and something that they would like to just politely stop talking about now.

So I'm not alone in that eh? lol

So I'm not alone in that eh? lol

Me too. 

Okay, but make it FLOAT.

TA-DAAAAAAAH! :tongue.: 

pri3foP.jpg

FW doesn't make the assault ram anymore, and it can't carry Primaris.

I think Ynnari will keep going, but in supplement form you can take using any of the three Eldar books.

Iunno, I got more kills running people over with the Ghost than I did with it's guns :laugh.:

[image snipped]

[image snipped]

Mate... Have you read anything about the Mastodon? It's more armoured than a Land Raider on the front, even with the ramp.

that frontal armor doesn't do much good when the doors are wide open to disgorge troops...who will then be directly exposed to concentrated fire from the heaviest weapons available...but like i said 40k rule of cool.

[image snipped]

that frontal armor doesn't do much good when the doors are wide open to disgorge troops...who will then be directly exposed to concentrated fire from the heaviest weapons available...but like i said 40k rule of cool.

Once again, you're commenting on something not knowing: When the Mastodon's doors are opened, it's not taking AT fire at the opened front door, as it'd be smashed into a wall.

Those meltas on the door and the big one on the top? That's not for busting armour, that's for busting walls (literally).

The ramp will open straight into the defenders on the other side of the wall you’ve just smashed through though - because defended walls with guns on top will also have defenders the other side of them.

Ever seen Saving Private Ryan? You know the bit on the Normandy beaches where the front ramp drops and the blokes inside the landing craft get cut down by machine gun fire? That’s why armoured vehicles don’t have troop doors at the front.

The ramp will open straight into the defenders on the other side of the wall you’ve just smashed through though - because defended walls with guns on top will also have defenders the other side of them.

Ever seen Saving Private Ryan? You know the bit on the Normandy beaches where the front ramp drops and the blokes inside the landing craft get cut down by machine gun fire? That’s why armoured vehicles don’t have troop doors at the front.

Except the mastodon smashes straightforward through such things to avoid it. Also they have void shields, which helps also for passenger deployment. And it's not just them attacking, there are also other legion ground and air assets to create openings so something like a mastodon can do it's thing. Mastodon is a big commitment to use/ deoloy. What, you think they go by themselves trying to do a Kool aid man solo with no backup ?

Anyways, back on topic. Yes Yinnari needs to be fleshed out more, Eldar in general. DE and Eldar could definitely use more named characters at least.

The thing you’re not really thinking about though is those troopers on the beach weren’t 8 foot tall tans humans wearing power armour! Unless there’s something specifically set up to kill them it’s not going to make much difference even then marines are pretty fast and have pretty big guns themselves

Lore I want.

- angron is summoned on armegeddon

- angron kills yarrick.

- ghaz is pissed and fights angron

- angron starts to overwhelm ghaz

- yarrick resurrects as saint yarrick.

- angron and ghaz w/ yarrick fight

- ghaz and Orks start there other plan during this Titanic clash

- green energies start to appear all over the planet

- ghaz is prepping to teleport armegeddon to the ullsnor system

- angron leaves the world, khorne ripped him and the zerkers off the world before the teleport. ( Similar to how emps teke ported angron off his home world)

- yarrick is exhauste- ghaz looks atvyarrick and tells him, ( you are my greatest for, but we don't fight now,tells yarrick he needs to be ready for da great waaagh, yarrick charges ghaz , then ghaz kicks yarrick into a waagh energy gate, teleporting yarrick onto a imperial vessel in orbit.

- ghaz jumps armegeddon back to ullsnor system.

- ghaz sits on his scrap throne

- ullanor is in imperium nihulus

- every Ork is making it's primilage to ullanor

[image snipped]

Once again, you're commenting on something not knowing: When the Mastodon's doors are opened, it's not taking AT fire at the opened front door, as it'd be smashed into a wall.

Those meltas on the door and the big one on the top? That's not for busting armour, that's for busting walls (literally).

...and you don't think there might be enemies with AT weapons on the other side of said wall?

Critical thinking is important

I'd like a revamp of Eldar that consolidates the three existing factions into something new, likely via Ynnead/Ynnari. Frankly, after having multiple Eldar armies since RT, I'd prefer a new design philosophy that unifies the best unit game design concepts with a style more like AoS lines. Craftworlds, and to a lesser extent Drukhari, have models and units with roles that tend to overlap, models not up to current standards, and opportunities to push the lore in new directions.