The Merchant Fleets uniforms?

Gamiel

I'd doubt that - I mean, various Imperial Navy formations don't *necessarily* have standard uniforms [although it's fair to presume that the old Jes Goodwin naval concept art in various colours is a good baseline standard and guide] , dependent upon rank and role onboard, let alone ones that absolutely prevail right the way across the Imperial Navy unchanging from sector to sector. 

Now, as applies Merchant Navy ... the question becomes just what you're thinking of when you say that. Is it a Rogue Trader and crew? Is it a trading house and its interstellar conveyancers? Chartist Captains? The specific sort of Chartist Captains that are running pre-determined routes set down generations in advance? 

I suspect it rather strongly depends upon the personality, culture, and preferences of the master of whichever vessel happens to be under discussion at the time. Some will presumably prefer a more overtly formal and 'naval' looking attire in direct imitation of the 'conventional' Imperial Navy uniforms. Others may have more exotic customs .

Now, as applies Merchant Navy ... the question becomes just what you're thinking of when you say that. Is it a Rogue Trader and crew? Is it a trading house and its interstellar conveyancers? Chartist Captains? The specific sort of Chartist Captains that are running pre-determined routes set down generations in advance? 

Ops, should have linked to the merchant fleets I meant - Merchant Fleet - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum - will edit it in.

The bottom line is that we don't know. It seems likely that there are uniforms of sorts, but whether or not these are homogenous to all members of the Merchant Fleet or if they are controlled at some lower level (potentially down to the ship level) is anyone's guess.

If GW's normal treatment of things is anything to go by, there is considerable freedom for creativity here.