Warbinger's Drukhari Raiding Party

Warbringer

Good job taming that Kabalite Green.

Troops are uniquely testing, because they are often not the most glamourous, or productive units on tabletop.  They can also be the most numerous.  However, i think it is good to start with those and avoid painting showpieces.

Do you plan on painting your Incubi the same as your army?  

Good job taming that Kabalite Green.

Troops are uniquely testing, because they are often not the most glamourous, or productive units on tabletop.  They can also be the most numerous.  However, i think it is good to start with those and avoid painting showpieces.

Do you plan on painting your Incubi the same as your army?  

Probably yes Drazhar and Him in the same colours as the rest of the force :)

I had thought about doing them a different colour but really not sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh! Now that its bumped. do you use a airbrush for your models? I thought it looked a bit like it.

ive just finished 10 wracks ready and done today and im feeling like so excited about airbrush.

like it looks so cool when they spray it and add the perfect touch of color.

it might be a little hard in the beginning, but once you master the art of airbrushh it gets really well made

and you paint the models faster.

Any more work on this !?... 

Mithril

I've assembled Drazhar, Incubi, and a Archon but nothing more yet. I'm working on some old salamanders but planning to get these going again next.

Oh! Now that its bumped. do you use a airbrush for your models? I thought it looked a bit like it.

ive just finished 10 wracks ready and done today and im feeling like so excited about airbrush.

it might be a little hard in the beginning, but once you master the art of airbrushh it gets really well made

I do lots of my stuff I use an airbrush I hate putting down the first layer of colour and getting some gradients sorted then will wash and use brushes.

I'll be trying oil washes on the next set of models :)

Mithril

I've assembled Drazhar, Incubi, and a Archon but nothing more yet. I'm working on some old salamanders but planning to get these going again next.

I do lots of my stuff I use an airbrush I hate putting down the first layer of colour and getting some gradients sorted then will wash and use brushes.

I'll be trying oil washes on the next set of models :smile.:

Nice :) Do you think its worth getting an airbrush?

I saw some raiders/ravagers painted with that for flesh covens.

And it looked so cool.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/Blackfel/Dark%20Eldar%20Showcase/PF3.jpg?t=1389057503

Do you think i should get an airbrush? when i get the money........ xD hehehe

Mithril

Nice :smile.: Do you think its worth getting an airbrush?

And it looked so cool.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/Blackfel/Dark%20Eldar%20Showcase/PF3.jpg?t=1389057503

I think an airbrush is a great investment i use mine to prime, basecoat shade and it really does help get some of the more boring elements of painting (for me) out of the way :)

Mithril

And it looked so cool.

I think an airbrush is a great investment i use mine to prime, basecoat shade and it really does help get some of the more boring elements of painting (for me) out of the way :smile.:

That sounds great :) Im inspired by just that, getting more stuff done more quickly. I have lots of money, but i also have other hobbys. I want my models to look good, but it wouldnt hurt to cut corners here and there to get the whole painting machinery done more quickly and more efficient. Like I want to just go inte games workshop, buy like 10 boxes of wracks and then just get those things finished within a couple of days, and yeah it sounds like airbrush will make it easier. I'll definately buy an airbrush, you sure pressed those buttons of making it sounds interesting *evil leering* hehe :)

Mithril

And it looked so cool.

I think an airbrush is a great investment i use mine to prime, basecoat shade and it really does help get some of the more boring elements of painting (for me) out of the way :smile.:

That sounds great :smile.: Im inspired by just that, getting more stuff done more quickly. I have lots of money, but i also have other hobbys. I want my models to look good, but it wouldnt hurt to cut corners here and there to get the whole painting machinery done more quickly and more efficient. Like I want to just go inte games workshop, buy like 10 boxes of wracks and then just get those things finished within a couple of days, and yeah it sounds like airbrush will make it easier. I'll definately buy an airbrush, you sure pressed those buttons of making it sounds interesting *evil leering* hehe :smile.:

There is a learning curve to them but honestly they're not too bad. most important thing is to clean it and do it often.

I wrote this a couple of years ago

https://paintinginthedark.blog/2018/07/19/how-do-i-airbrush/

• 8 months later...

Thanks Mate, I've had them in my display cabinet for the last 11 months looking at me to be painted.

I was really excited and then the new book was internet deemed too good and I decided against it. 

I've relented now and I don't play competitively so who cares!

I've got models planned for a crusade so I need to add it to a plan and start progressing. 

Looking good as always. Share ypur crusade lists when you can please. My DE havent even seen 9th yet.

Sure, Crusade is an harder building challenge as the units when added need to stay the same and I really want my Trueborn with the Dark Lance otherwise I could drop a squad of the Incubi and get another Raider.

My 500 point list looks like.

Mo'sta the Cleaver - Archon (Djin Blade, Blast Pistol, Splintered Genius, Hatred Eternal) - 90pts

Kabalite Trueborn - (Sybarite Power sword, Splinter Rifle, 6 Splinter Rifles, 2 Blaster, 1 Dark Lance) - 140pts

5x Incubi

5x Incubi

Raider - Splinter Racks - 105pts

Total of 495

1000 Point List

As above with

Drazhar - 

Ravager - 

Raider Grisly Tropy, Splinter Racks - 

Raider Grisly Tropy, - 

Takes me to 990 total.

I'm not sure about the second incubi squad and really consider swapping things around to get the extra raider in at 500 points.

Then adding in another kabalite squad.

Planning on running them as obsidian rose so with the extra 6" range and splinter racks rapid firing at 30" gives a tidy bit of shooting from the Trueborn.

I'll provide some details when i get games in a few weeks with them.

Yes, the response to DE has stymied many a DE army I think as mine languish too. I'm thinking that I might wait for the next codex maybe, or at least focus on getting more models ready for the table top first? Hopefully when I've cleared some projects and got more time I'll be back, but until then I will live out my DE dreams with others so keep us updated on your progress :P

Maybe if the lists prove too good going foot would help I wonder?

Yes, the response to DE has stymied many a DE army I think as mine languish too. I'm thinking that I might wait for the next codex maybe, or at least focus on getting more models ready for the table top first? Hopefully when I've cleared some projects and got more time I'll be back, but until then I will live out my DE dreams with others so keep us updated on your progress :tongue.:

Maybe if the lists prove too good going foot would help I wonder?

That's it, I want the games to be fun and interesting, in my group we have Wolves, Deathguard, Cult, SM's, AdMech and some very good players so its not going to be an easy ride I don't think.

I let it stymie me and I've decided that I shouldn't let it. I can comp myself if needed but hoping to find my style of play and building is not the most competitive anyway.

Aww Yeah! Your back at it, finally .... :tongue.:  

Nice to see you getting recognition from none other than Louise...:wub:  (Ah...if only I were half my age and lived in blighty...:laugh.: )

Look forward to seeing more of this army, and now you have been pegged back a tiny bit in the Balance updates you don't need to worry about completely stomping your friends at 40K !

Cheers, Mithril