My Death Guard army

Bat33.1

Very nice deacon prince!

Thank you

An army worth showing off!

Thanks, I will get some more pictures of the rest of the army and post them here soon. There's a lot more of it and all built from the new plastic kits, I did start with the FW conversion kits in the dim and distant but never completed any great numbers of them.

Very nice looking army dude!

Thank you

I like the turbines (wings) on the DP, and I like the toxic tank effect on the blightspawn. Real nice looking army!

Edit; how’d you do your bases?

Thanks

the bases are fairly simple, the earth is just sand painted dryad bark or vallejo equivalent and drybrushed with lighter browns and sand. The green starts with dark angels green, and is airbrushed with warboss green, moot green then Vallejo Livery green. You can brush paint it using some flow improver but I find the airbrush quicker.

Then I use a layer of Secret Weapon realistic water resin. Some of them are just 2 coats of gloss varnish which works fine but I had the SW water effect and decided to try it out and it gives a bit more depth but it's not a big difference.

Beautiful. Funny saying that about the Death Guard. But they are beautifully painted

its like some dog types. A lot of the ugliest dogs like pitbulls, boxers, bull mastiffs and chihuahuas have charm. They have reputations to live up to, which you can judge by certain physical traits. So the more those dogs show traits that contribute to the Reputation they appear cooler

I like the grittier DG. I'm kind of disillusioned by the current model line and GWs studio scheme. They have an over the too cartoonish look. Which actually looks great when you lean a lot more towards the grim dark

Edited by Debauchery101