New to Custodes

Skywrath

Greetings, my gold-clad cousins! Decided to take the dive into gold and start a proper Custodes army. This was after I used some Custodes bits for my Grey Knights, and positively fell in love with the amount of detail and ornateness. Then, out of simple curiosity, had a look at the Codex rules/stat sheet and FW models and that sealed my fate. So yesterday, I purchased two boxes of wardens with the intention to converting them to the regular troops, on top of already having Trajann and 3 Dawneagle jetbikes. With this "introduction" out of the way, here are some questions:

1. Where should I expand to next? I am a fan of the Achillus, Telemon, Jetbikes, and wondering whether: 

A) All three of them are competitive by themselves, and all together in one list?

B ) How many Custodian Guard (Troops) should I be running, and how many of those are worth running with a SS. 

C) Misercordias worth it?

D) What units are an auto-include?

E) Wardens good?

2. How are Custodes looking in 9th in terms of competitive play?

3. Strengths and Weaknesses of the army?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Skywrath

All of these and more questions are answered in the 9 the edition Custodes located here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/364316-9th-and-custodes/#

A) competitive is quite skill dependent in how you use them and what your meta is there is no yes or no answer

B ) depends on game size. Sword and board make for tankiest troops in game. Too much is overkill, too little and they get killed off. Dependent on your meta but bar min 2 squads with two shields in each is what I run with my last unit being sagittarum.

C) yes.

D) units that hold objectives and likely the-1 to hit vexilla

E) meh they need more spice

I don't think this board is as busy as you think it is exorbitant input after 2 hours... Maybe reddit?

Edited by Hellex_The_Thanatar

All of these and more questions are answered in the 9 the edition Custodes located here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/364316-9th-and-custodes/#

A) competitive is quite skill dependent in how you use them and what your meta is there is no yes or no answer

B ) depends on game size. Sword and board make for tankiest troops in game. Too much is overkill, too little and they get killed off. Dependent on your meta but bar min 2 squads with two shields in each is what I run with my last unit being sagittarum.

C) yes.

D) units that hold objectives and likely the-1 to hit vexilla

E) meh they need more spice

I don't think this board is as busy as you think it is exorbitant input after 2 hours... Maybe reddit?

I got the hint - I put my questions there. Thanks for your input.