2000 Necropolis Hawks

em_en_oh_pee

I'm just trying to find my way back to Warhammer 40k after a long hiatus... hoping the Marines bring me back. Enjoying the idea of the diversity of the list and the chance to model some pretty heroic dudes.

Raven Guard Successor Chapter

Born Heroes / Whirlwind of Rage

Necropolis Hawks

Adeptus Astartes - Strike Force - Eternal War ( 12CP - 2000PT - 0PT )

Adeptus Astartes Battalion Detachment ( 3CP - 1975PT )

SUB-FACTION: Raven Guard

HQ

Lieutenant in Reiver Armour (75)

Primaris Captain (145) Heavy bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword, Relic shield

UPGRADE: Chapter Master

WARLORD: Primaris Chaplain on Bike (140)

UPGRADE: Master of Sanctity

TRAITS: Champion of Humanity

LITANIES: Canticle of Hate (Aura)

TROOPS

Assault Intercessor Squad (200)

1x Assault Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

9x Assault Intercessor

Heavy Intercessor Squad (300)

1x Heavy Intercessor Sergeant

2x Heavy Intercessor: Heavy bolter

7x Heavy Intercessor

Incursor Squad (115)

1x Incursor: Haywire mine

1x Incursor Sergeant

3x Incursor

Incursor Squad (115)

1x Incursor: Haywire mine

1x Incursor Sergeant

3x Incursor

ELITES

Bladeguard Veteran Squad (175)

1x Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant

4x Bladeguard Veteran

Primaris Apothecary (95)

UPGRADE: Chief Apothecary

FAST ATTACK

Inceptor Squad (225)

1x Inceptor Sergeant: 2x Plasma exterminator

4x Inceptor: 2x Plasma exterminator

HEAVY SUPPORT

Eliminator Squad (90)

1x Eliminator Sergeant

2x Eliminator

Eliminator Squad (90)

1x Eliminator Sergeant

2x Eliminator

Eradicator Squad (210)

1x Eradicator: Multi-melta

1x Eradicator Sergeant

3x Eradicator

Total Command Points: 3/15

Reinforcement Points: 0

Total Points: 2000/2000

The idea here is to capitalize on movement shenanigans. The Chappy boosts up field towards the enemy and to be ideally near the Bladeguard or Assault Intercessors to lob out CoH or EoR, depending on need. CM's Master of Ambush will pull the CM and Apothecary to where they will do the best work (or another unit if I need to rearrange a unit I can). The Inceptors DfA to where their plasma will do the most work. The Incursors and Infiltrators use Concealed Positions to get forward and/or lock out other movement shenanigans. Strike from the Shadows will be on the Bladeguard and/or Eradicators (or maybe Infiltrators if that is better).

There is a lot of synergy in the list, I think, and it should be able to just slingshot right into the enemy. The heavy Intercessors can lock down an area (Unyielding can help too) or split up and form a firebase and a unit to march onto another objective. Apothecary is going to do double revives with the 3 wounds because oh lord that is brutal. Tempted to toss the Armour of Shadows on the Apoth just to keep them a bit safer.

Also, with it being the Necropolis Hawks as my Chapter of choice, I am hoping to make this thematic. Like they are moving around the urban ruins and all that. I think by not having vehicles it will feel more true to form.

On a last note, I had an alternative list that drops an Eradicator w/ MM and the Interceptors for a Suppressor squad and a Reiver Lieutenant w/ Oppressor's End for another forward threat (Reiver) and a unit I can have drop onto a distant objective w/ Smokescreen who can also put out some long-range fire.

Thoughts on the primary list? Alternative? The overall strat? Not looking to go outside of the Ultima Founding fluff, so all Primaris. Otherwise, open to all input!

EDIT:

Updated it for some points errors I discovered via the new app. Didn't rewrite the breakdown so some stuff may have changed but the general premise is the same.

Edited by em_en_oh_pee