Cataphractii as non-Relic Terminators

HighMarshalAmp

Sounds fine. As long as the models are a fair representation of the unit you are fielding then go for it.

The only time it could get awkward is if you are also running an actual squad of relic Terminators. As a rule of thumb, if your opponent can tell which models on the table are a particular unit from your list, it should be fine.

I'm pretty sure Cataphracti don't "cost extra CP" the way other units with the word Relic in the name do, because they don't have "Martial Legacy". It's "Martial Legacy", not "Relic", that makes a Relic Contemptor from the Forgeworld book, for example, cost extra CP to include in your army.

The "relics of the Chapter" in the main SM book, are items, to equip characters with, and you don't need to spend CP on the Relic Of The Chapter stratagem to include Relic Terminators.

I'm guessing 30K Forgeworld Cataphracti would be the sorts of things you'd want to include, as "Cataphracti-armoured regular terminators". Guys with hammers and shields, or cyclone launchers, or assault cannons, that sort of thing?

Edited by Iron Lord

I mean, now it's down to Wargear. So if there's Cataphractii with thunder hammers and Storm Shields? Clearly just an Assault Terminator squad, because Relic Terminators can't take those

The issue is Cataphractii with dual Lightning Claws or Combi-Bolter/Heavy Flamer/Power Fist/Chainfist as those are loadouts that are shared between Relic Terminators and the normal Terminator squads. Which is why in those cases you give the Sergeant a Volkite Charger or Plasma Blaster :lol: