YannTheMad's chaos Stuff - DIY Vashtorr progress (claw's done! claw... claws?)

YannTheMad
Go to solution Solved by Dr. Clock,

First, just a comment

I can't help but feel, as @KrautScientist pointed out a while back, that it feels like the forum has gone silent once again.

Sure, people still likes the post, but the comments, ideas and even criticisms tend to disappear...

That being said! By this time I should have finished my accursed cultists but my ADHD struck again and here's the last big boy so far. Wich is a really early foil papery stage...

image.jpeg.28b5de72b66dfd105d37232ef750becd.jpeg

But, a new high ranking techpriest has arise ! That one will play the role of a forgefiend. It's inspired by a conversion of one made with an heldrake body I saw way back. I never liked the heldrake, but at the time it came out it seemed like everybody NEEDED a flyer in there army list so I bought one. I built the main body, but never use it.

So I had the idea of a big crab/tripod like armored frame, driven by an techpriest, not servitor or daemon engine.

image.thumb.jpeg.2363a375c66c033923d459b028222ca7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c5a60a09b562a08bd585397b4ed36d7f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7eb5b43401b58188872f629fc1923777.jpeg

Let me know what you guys think! 

Have a great week!

Man, I know I say this with almost every new thing you post, but I LOVE this! The Drake body works really well for the main bulk of the model and the two engines/sludge tanks/whatevers really shunt it into the daemon-engine/Mechanicus realm. 

I also agree with the levels of activity being quite variable on the forum, I think it's too easy to leave a reaction and intend to comment later, but then forget. At least I know I do that too often!

@Pearson73 Yeah I'm pretty happy with the whole "silhouette" of the daemon engin so far. The tanks are meant to be a throw back to the older daemon engines. Those are supposed to be some kind of containment chambers for the binded daemon essence. Like on the decimator or the blood slaugtherer.

They could be some ectoplasm/ fuel reserves too ;-)

And for the forum activity, I'm just as guilty as most... But it still sadden me a little XD

@Firedrake Cordova Thanks as always, you're this part of the forum MVP ^^

Damn, where would we be without the Greenstuff World cable making tool? I'm a dedicated adherent myself. I really need to try building cybernetic limbs from scratch like that, that looks awesome. 

Also, are those Chaos Marauder shields on the backs of those tanks?

@Magos Kasen Thanks a lot, but I can't take credit for the heldrake torso though, cause I took inspiration of something I saw way back... Just without the forgefiend/maulerfiend neck to elevate it from the legs. Wich really had to it's general look a do think ^^

@Wormwoods Yeah I know, I hesitated a while before buying it and should'nt have. This tool is awsome. The cybernetics are quite easily done, plasticard tubes/rods and tweezers.

And you're almost right, the tank's lids are marauder horsement shields ^^

BTW, I'm quite intrigued by your profile picture. I would love to see that whole mini.

6 hours ago, YannTheMad said:

BTW, I'm quite intrigued by your profile picture. I would love to see that whole mini.

Nothing on the level you're working at here, but it's a servitor I made for a pre-B&C project of mine: https://www.reddit.com/r/Inq28/comments/vy2r0d/a_more_detailed_conversion_a_combat_servitor_both/

On 11/24/2023 at 4:39 AM, Wormwoods said:

Nothing on the level you're working at here

Your being real harsh on yourself mate :-O  Your Inquisitorial retinue is over awesome. The grimdark level is over the top. The bloodangel successors are cool too ;-) But I'm in awe over your ordo xenos stuff

Here's this week progress

image.thumb.jpeg.66b5e2d1e40237104cff444edc11746e.jpegimage.jpeg.7de4917fc532483391a397afc3f70489.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d8264e295789e3dbe6df982c29243a1a.jpeg

The bulk of it is done. I added the cog halo the the techpriest. Added some pedipalp pincers so the priest could handle stuff.  

Next step: Magnetize the guns and add some details, and it should be done.

Let me know what you guys think.

Anyway, have a great week!

• 2 weeks later...

@Rusted Boltgun I do love my accursed cultists. I must say I've grown more fond of the "mortal" elements of the chaos forces than the regular over the top CSM lately.

@Wormwoods Yeah, pedipalps are the jam. Guns were comming. But on the back, not the front.

@Firedrake Cordova Thanks mate

@tinpact Thanks. I had the idea to make "tanks" for a while when I realised my daughter old used up crayola might just do the trick, and they did!

It's been a while since I posted anything. I've been feeling kinda blue lately, as one does.

Than again, I DID work on the hobby.

Forgefiend has been done for a while. I'm mostly happy with it

image.thumb.jpeg.cc70115fb9c25a8b336635988b217cf4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8cebba388e0c448c3596ed98b25db7e1.jpegimage.jpeg.15e3f57c0c49803376d8af57c7b880de.jpeg

The third torment is also done, wich finish the whole squad. Honestly, it's my favorite favorite of the 3. It's kind of way bigger too, but hey! chaos...

image.jpeg.4123f0819448832b79962529093c2440.jpegimage.jpeg.3162175982f2d0dcb7930bd327000ea0.jpeg

image.jpeg.3b53923ebb0efad2122e041b6852c389.jpegimage.jpeg.f829a40bc0dafe3e23829ff951f81d52.jpeg

image.jpeg.f22c29ba361a7ea6b44fa31dd6e3a498.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7624ede834bbe6d97fefb2af3cb09eda.jpeg

I've also finished my regular cultists that I've started a long (years) ago. Those are low "c" coonversions, but I still like them.

image.thumb.jpeg.e46435cbe3ab2593057f2ec2fac6a1e7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.73da045e595587722a3118dab9ec692d.jpeg

That's a big post, so thanks a lot for taking the time to look at it.

I hope you'll enjoy. Please leave a comment, ctritic or idea.

I think I,ll relax from conversions and paint a little.

Have a great day

Edited by YannTheMad

Very excited to see some paint of these lovely conversions! Also, very funny to see those cultists described as 'low c' conversions, given they're pretty heavy kitbashes, and include some scratch-built parts! 

Regardless, excited to see it all together, and in context. It's one thing to have a huge, gnarly machine-monsters alone, quite another to see it among all the little guys. Can't wait!

Amazing work, as per usual :thumbsup:

The forgefiend is looking great .... there's something quite disturbing about the "driver" - both in general appearance, and pose (it seems to be a mix of aggression and distress?).

The final torment is very fine work - the musculature and green-stuff looks great, and I like the "backwards" chainswords - it's as if a dark Tech Priest saw a Hormagaunt and thought, "looks good, but needs more chain-teeth" :smile: 

The whole lot look great together, and are suitably creepy. Like @Wormwoods says, it'll be good to see them with some paint on them - I'm sure they'll look great :biggrin:

@Wormwoods 

I Mean, I hadn't worked as hard on the regular cultists the accursed ones for exemple.

I find easier kitbashes like those less demanding to do, hence the "low c". Greenstuff gives mostly great results, but it's very energy consuming.

The size variations between the differrent units make the whole very interesthing, much like a tyranid army I'd say. I'll take a pictured of my whole mechanicum force when more of it will be painted.

@Firedrake CordovaThanks ! I don't know if I intended to make the "driver" of the forgefiend rig ditress, but I think it's a good take on it. A little like a gaunt, mangy dog. If you go close it'll lash out.  

For the last torment you're almost right XD I was thinking about lictor claws, not hormagaunts. But they're still pretty close. Techpriest goes ":cuss: is that! It so :cuss: scary! I want one...". 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

Last post before the holidays.

Two torments are done.

I'm quite happy with them. I don't usually do rust and grime for my Dark Mechanicum, because I'd guess members would take care of maintaining the engines and gears. Even the regular cultists. But i'd doupt anybody would consider going near the accursed ones. They'd just let them loose on the battlefield I guess.

image.jpeg.44db68b6d426d358312ee280de817e8a.jpegimage.jpeg.a23e08745afcb457d19f5c5e0e483d0f.jpeg

image.jpeg.9557d6032aab9d0bd277f585bab91295.jpegimage.jpeg.eb18de4388526ccdad16208e210bcd38.jpeg

image.jpeg.34206963b1b0e512e7d57a6d096f1bc7.jpegimage.jpeg.f675638f7386498cdc63ccacdc15cac4.jpeg

image.jpeg.75d8a0d20ed03ba63f5d562210b7a40f.jpeg

Let me know what you guys think

Happy Holidays!

Edited by YannTheMad

@Firedrake Cordova Or see them as food... In all case, nothing good for the maintenance crew XD

@Wormwoods Thanks ^^ So I'm using really old stuff: Base of boltgun metal (leadbelcher?), drybrush of chainmail (idk the new version of that one...), typhus corrosion technical spots and a drybrush of riza rust. I'll be honest I don't know if either of typhus corrosion or riza rust still exist

8 hours ago, YannTheMad said:

@Brother EzraThanks a lot ^^ I'm really happy with the torments so far. So much so that I might do a second squad in the near futur.

I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "closed"  :-S Too static maybe ?

Please do, I'd love to see more of them!

And yeah, I think 'static' might be a better word to describe what I was thinking :tongue: But as I said, the model itself is awesome - I think it'll look especially great amongst its brethren, looming over the others as they race to tear their enemies to pieces!