YannTheMad's chaos Stuff - DIY Vashtorr progress (claw's done! claw... claws?)

YannTheMad
Go to solution Solved by Dr. Clock,

@Terminatorinhell Thanks ^^ Seriously it's just a lot of pratice and hit and miss.

Here's this week progress.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b53c7aa4c6c719b21b87cfc991514af.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.61f7902a5a31889a3c8f6b67fe655708.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ac5dfb8989eed977d88af3c4d3e4f82a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7187d717ee11922026b11a8edb51eb9e.jpeg

Half of the "secondary" arms are pretty much done. 

the other four will hold the mask/head and the cog/halo.

I'm starting to think about the "main" arms, hence the copper wire and weird ball joint.

The wing is starting to look a little better, but as I suspected 25 skulls per wing won't be enough...

As always, let me know what you guys think.

Hae a great week!

• 2 weeks later...

@Terminatorinhell It'll will be a long time to get to the painting part XD but so far I'm happy with the model.

@Pearson73 Yeah I love the effect off the servo-skull-wing so far, but god those are annoying to make XD I'm always postponing them XD The hand was a good learning process tbh I did change it to profit for the right hand ;-)

@Firedrake Cordova @Boc Thanks both of you ^^ Yeah the number of skulls will make Angron jealous, I'm at 16 so far counting the 3 in the hammer head.

So here's some progress.

The right arm and hammer are mostly done. Same thing for the right chest muscles. Next stop should be the head/face plate.

image.thumb.jpeg.bbb76574545b8b14f5786d3aab4ded51.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b8a6e2b7840061d7bd5226a200fdc910.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a5c50c09e3b99beb7a18442430e89b0c.jpeg

I had new idea for a next model. Dark mech lord on "bio-juggernaut" anyone?

image.thumb.jpeg.c2883497035e3e07ff731826d5d6015a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c5656ce709d3ad1994e29df322e8dded.jpeg

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Have a great week!

@sitnam Thanks a lot! Yeah it might still take a while before it'S all the way complete...

@Firedrake Cordova That's an awesome idea! I'm not sure I'll be able to sculpt fumes / smoke tho... But I'll try

@Rusted Boltgun I know... But god those are annoying to sculpt XD I was planning on 50 but I think I'll have to go all the way to 100 to make the wings look good... That's gonna be a looooong process... I already have some plan for the base so we'll see how it turns out.

@WormwoodsME NAME BONK! Lol. Yeah the lord on Juggernaut is probably the next on the list.

Here's this week progress!

I'm still postponing working on the wings, wich is kindda stupid on my behalf...

But, we've got two more arms AND a face/mask.

image.thumb.jpeg.7f0738a25f38de30686cf09496aae0b6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bd061e73344948d86c874c24eb8bab9c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.339d426edb5246359354e94f0016ba78.jpeg

The cog on the forhead has been a pain to sculpt. I ended up redoing it 3 or 4 times to be honest. It will need some more detailing but so far I'm happy with it.

Let me know what you guys think!

Have a great week 

Looks great to me. I can't really fathom how you're doing it :smile: 

33 minutes ago, YannTheMad said:

I'm still postponing working on the wings, wich is kindda stupid on my behalf...

"They're (the wings) the worst bit to do" - Trish Morrison, on doing the (dragon's) wings last :smile: 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

@Firedrake Cordova Yeah... That's about how I feel XD

@Terminatorinhell @Wormwoods Thanks!

Here is this week progress so far.

So, I've finally worked a little on the wings. The left one has about the same progress as the right one.

Also started the left arm/claw. It's still really early work.

image.thumb.jpeg.43f65d43e759be9c51ff61b11989e7ee.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.99957ee8197ef60f028442840b2a3585.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9bb61eaf546aa7603847dfed2623cc21.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7ec93b5bc4840b6cd5a76e20a1f6afd9.jpeg

In your opinion: Mask horns/tusks ? Yay of nay?

Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

Have a great week!

He looks properly nightmarish - especially with the skull-wings :thumbsup:

I think for me, the tusks look a bit "unexpected" given the shape of the head. I think I might be inclined to leave them off, as it might make an easier-to-read silhouette?

9 hours ago, Boc said:

It's Chaos, always more horns and tusks

While I agree with this general statement, I think I'd be leaning towards what Wormwoods said.

70:30 for leaving the mask without the tusks. Sometimes less is more. However, this doesn't mean that they look bad.

Reading the comments I think agree with the majority.

I won't add the tusk/horn as it'll take away from the general weirdness of the head.

I might ass little hornlets on the forehead to break the smoothness of it, or maybe alittle quantity of flames to mirror those of the "chest-maw".

@Terminatorinhell The bits I was using didn't look good on the top of the head. Also, there's no neck at all XD Just smaller arms holding the hea-mask thinggy

@Firedrake Cordova @Rusted Boltgun @Wormwoods @Brother Christopher Thanks a lot, I can only agree with your collective wisdom

@Boc Like Brother Christopher I'd be tempted to agree, but on the other hand I don't do horns so much... Only my "Fabius Bile" Magus Biologis and my cultist preacher have some so far.

@Razblood Thanks mate

Anyway, been working on non-Vasthorr "claw" and so far it's really fun to make and should look real weird ^^