The Ancient, Judiciar, and Chaplain from Indomitus

They are not separate sprue, but part of one with the bladeguard. If we can learn one thing from Dark Imperium, its that we are unlikely to see them as separate kits in the future. Right now you can get them for $8-20 each on eBay. We still don't have most of the DI characters released in any other form, and we can see starter sets going back many editions (ork choppers come to mind) where minis never get individual releases. It might be wise, if you want those models, to get a few now while they are still pretty cheap and avaliable.

I think there is definitely a case to be made for "get 'em while their hot".

The Judiciar in particular is a distinctive model with no alternative available. We have a regular Primaris Chaplain and Ancients don't seem so popular but the Judiciar adds a rare and valuable ability in forcing an enemy unit to fight last.

It's certainly looking that way. The others were designed to be singled out for starter sets, it's possible we may see alternate models like they did with the Phobos Lieutenant but to be honest I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I'm waiting on the new Gravis Captain release with the heavy bolt rifle to see if it comes with options to make the Dark Imperium one but as it's got it's own seperate entry in the codex I'm not holding up much hope.

Does make me wonder if we'll ever see these eventually go to legends at some point in years to come when you can no longer get the models.

I would bet good money that sprue will be on a future Hachette magazine. Buy the whole thing for £9

I would bet against it. :wink:

That sprue contains 3 Eradicators, 3 Bladeguard Vets, Ancient, Judiciar and Chaplain. To buy as separate units would cost around £100. No way would they give that sprue away with a £9 magazine! :ohmy.:

Take a look at thew sprue below. The way it has been designed makes it look like it will not be easy to divide up to provide different units.

Warhammer-40000-Indomitus-40K-Sprue-G-Ju

Conversely, I can see the Outriders making it to a partwork as the sprue contains a single 3-man squad. The ATV would be another likely candidate. The Lieutenant and Captain are also easy to do on separate sprues so I could see those appearing.

They gave away every single DI sprue with Conquest. One of those sprues has two 5 man squads of intercessors, the ancient and I think at least one lieutenant.

It also makes sense to use it as they have put money into making the mould, likely cannot sell the contents separately, and will accordingly rinse it for all it's worth to squeeze every last drop of profit from it.

Put that one sprue in it's own box, call it "Champions and heavy bodyguard" and charge $75 for it. Done.

Now that sounds more likely. Conquest was good value but only a handful of issues were better than 50% off.

Look at the recruit, elite, command starter sets for an idea of how they could split the units up. I picked up some of the Indomitus HQs second hand and a elite set.

Agreed. Captain, Lt, Assault Intercessors and Outriders are what comes in those boxes and I expect those will be in the partworks. I suspect there will be other units too like the new Techmarine, ATV and Firestrike further down the line, maybe even a Gladiator split over multiple issues (ala Repulsor).

Plus of course the Necron equivalents a smattering of terrain pieces and an assortment of paints.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the PSA, op!

I would bet good money that sprue will be on a future Hachette magazine. Buy the whole thing for £9

Seeing as it's been near impossible to get some of those sprues unless you're a subscriber (I was waiting 4 months for a restock), and it's only in the UK, really, picking the models up online now might be a better idea that waiting to see if you might get the chance later. 

I think it probably will go out in the partworks, and it'll be sold out permanently online.