SM Crusade Codex Questions

So I've started a crusade campaign with my buddy. Got a few questions about some of the codex specific crusade stuff:

1. Indomitus Veterans:  Can I spend multiple Requisition points to affect this multiple times on the same unit, thus piling on the XP?

2. What is the actual benefit of turning my battle-scarred character into a dreadnought? I still have to pay the additional power cost from my supply for the dreadnought, right? I lose all my character's special abilities, so it's not like a way to build a dreadnought character with warlord trait, relics, special abilities, etc?  If one is that worried about battle scars, isn't it just easier to pay the 1 RP to remove the battle scar? 

3. Similarly for characters going through the Rubicon...why not just pay the 1 RP to increase your supply by 5 and then just get a primaris version of whatever character you want?

So I've started a crusade campaign with my buddy. Got a few questions about some of the codex specific crusade stuff:

1. Indomitus Veterans: Can I spend multiple Requisition points to affect this multiple times on the same unit, thus piling on the XP?

2. What is the actual benefit of turning my battle-scarred character into a dreadnought? I still have to pay the additional power cost from my supply for the dreadnought, right? I lose all my character's special abilities, so it's not like a way to build a dreadnought character with warlord trait, relics, special abilities, etc? If one is that worried about battle scars, isn't it just easier to pay the 1 RP to remove the battle scar?

3. Similarly for characters going through the Rubicon...why not just pay the 1 RP to increase your supply by 5 and then just get a primaris version of whatever character you want?

Narrative

1. I think it eachb use would Set the XP to 6. So, no.

2. Story-Tool

3. Story-Tool

You are new to this roleplaying stuff, arent you? In pur campaign we set our own Goals. Mine is to Turn my apostle into a daemon Prince. There are no Rules for thus per se, but i use the stratagem were you need to Roll a 12. My apostle therefore hast to jump into everything He can to get These rolls. Does that make sense gamewise? No, but it creates good moments

Ok, re-adding my on topic response.

Is the point of 2&3 not to maintain the experience of the character into the new dread or primaris character?

I believe that's right, yes.  But again, you could just pay the 1 RP to remove the battle scar and/or increase your power to buy a Dreadnought. As far as the Rubicon one...just get a Primaris version of the character in the first place!  (yes, again, i GET the narrative aspect of things. What I'm asking is if there is an element of gaming that I've missed mechanically. If they are purely there for story reasons (and to grant a little bit of flexibility to the narrative, that is fine.)

Tactically, it could be quite useful later on to swap an early campaign, cheap, character with reasonable XP into a different loadout character or dreadnought, with the XP carried over.

Say in the early stages, you take a cheapish lieutenant in your lists, or, you have a firstborn captain with plenty of XP, and want to add in a Primaris captain with a different loadout, you could use the req and it would be easier to get to something like a Chapter master upgrade?

Depends on battlescars though.

Maybe you could surprise an opponent, that knows your list very well with a high leveled dread.

A friend of mine took a Leviathan in his Crusade list. (This was pre-SM codex, so August-November, when we could actually play.)

His Levi was terrifying with all of the upgrades it had gained. I was the only person to kill it all campaign, and it basically cost me the game to do it.