Black Legion Terminators

tangoalphatwo

I’ve always loved terminators! Their armor is sick. If regular space marines are sci-fi soldiers or fantasy knight tropes turned up to 11, these dudes are and 11 turned up to an 11. And chaos to boot... That’s like turning that 11 up to an 11. Like 11^3 or something. I dunno I quite after calc 3 cuz my brain went durp.

Anyway. For my Black Legion, which is still on the back burner but I’m building, I have 10 old school plastic termis. 10 new plastic termis. 5 death Guard termis. And I plan on getting 5 Scarab Occult termis. I’m thinking of getting the Night Lords Contekars too. They’re pretty damn cool looking. Anyone know if these guys weapons could work as regular termi weapons?

And on a side note. That will give me 35 termis. If I wanna build 50. I’m thinking of converting 5 Space Wolf termis to Black Legion (cuz I love the plastic Space Wolf termis, but my SW GC is all primaris.) Can anyone think of 10 more to round out my Black Legion to 50?

This guy, this guy gets it.

You can double-base the old pewters-small on large- and it works *ok*.

Cataphractii with lightning claws are great, especially with custom pads like you find on shapeways.

I also did a l.claw/combi squad of Tartaros using Cataphractii bolters and spiked pads from Pop Goes the Monkey- I am hesitating on chainmail tabards until painted

Edited by BrainFireBob

This guy, this guy gets it.

Hahaha! Love it!

I dunno about the old pewter. I’m not a fan of double basing or even raised based. I’ve gone back and forth on doing a slight repose for me my Abaddon the Despoiler to get him off a raised base. Also. I had a hell of a time converting my old school termis. Between extending the abdomen and repositioning the arms (so they’re not coming our of their ears) I don’t want to fuss with pewter. (I’m old enough to remember converting old school necromunda gangs)

I mean, if its all going to Black Legion colors you would be remiss in not having some Justarin Sons of Horus Termiators for the collection.

They are typically painted black in 30k you can already get an idea of em in Black Legion colors.

Another suggestion if you are going with death guard and scarab, would be to round out the bunch with Slaanesh and Khorne squads.

Contekars with some mods and weapon swaps (because those cannons will need replacing) could be done as Slaanesh-marked black legion. (or Khorne?)

Then

10 old

10 new

5 Justarin

5 death guard (nurgle)

5 scarab (tzeentch)

5 contekars (Slaanesh)

5 Butchers? or the old Khorne terminator upgrade kit if you can find it (https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/World-Eaters-Legion-Red-Butchers)

Then 5 of something, bear in mind you will want some characters So perhaps the last 5 will be selection of

Abaddon

Lord Zhufor

Chaos terminator lord (plastic)

Chaos terminator sorcerer

Just also as an aside, you may want to consider mixing all of the kits together potentially? I did this for my Black Legion and it can add a certain jumbled up chaos look that I have always though looks quite nice?

D4F5A426 278E 4323 B6B4 8F695DB88B59

E20B823D 9865 4258 955B E5367C172C8F

That's just some of the Crimson Slaughter I have for my BL and I used literally every kit you can think! 

BCC

I have a lot of Termies too. I just posted up my finished Scarab Occult termies in the Thousand Sons section (just completed another 5 to have 10 total)

Since the FAQ I do feel a little jaded with all my Black Legion Termies (10 in total painted!). I kind of grabbed old school axes, put them on the new models, used the included single chain axe and made squads like that. Now I'm just going to say these axes are 'power axes'. 

On top of that I'd love to add a few claws in the squads now as well.

I would wait until the codex comes out.  GW dropped a bomb in the death guard codex with regards to unit loadouts.  You could end up with unplayable units.  However if this is just a hobby a project then what about deathwing terminators?  They are filthy traitors... or at least half of them are.  

I would wait until the codex comes out. GW dropped a bomb in the death guard codex with regards to unit loadouts. You could end up with unplayable units. However if this is just a hobby a project then what about deathwing terminators? They are filthy traitors... or at least half of them are.

Hahaha! As a Space Wolves player I can appreciate this post!

And thank you guys for all the suggestions. I’m stoked to get on it! (Though currently working on a death guard army at the moment.) So back logged as heck.