40k, oh the lolz

Thornoo1

Hmm youngling let me tell you a story of kit bashing that goes back 28 years and finished a touch over 4 weeks ago.

28 years ago

Playing Rogue Trader was both a joy and a task Chaos being my first army I railed at T3 Chaos Marine. 2nd ed came out and we got that beautiful codex. I had 5 metal terminators and wondered at the possibilities of trading in my combi-bolters for melta guns. I mean how could I possibly convert metal models?

15 years ago

Wow plastic chaos terminators. But I mean do I need more than 5? So I mail-ordered the spikey bits and arms, I know I'll kit bash my old ones metal ones and they'll be tip top. I'll just do this Ork Waargh I'm right into. I'll just take off all these multimeltas off my 2nd ed orks.

9 years ago

Hmm, I really really should do that chaos terminator conversion project I have there.  I know, I'll just finish off this 2nd company of Blood Angles I started. Ooooh I can re-do all my sargeants with 2 melta pistols, that's pretty cool.

6 years ago.

Cool, got me 5 melta guns, with those spikey bits and extra arms I reckon I could do a really nice job of converting those metal chaos terminators I have right there on the shelf. But first I'll just finish off this Space Wolf Great Company.

3 years ago

Wow I really like this new Death Guard codex, perhaps with those metal terminators, those spikey bits, them there melta guns I could make a really nice unit of Blightlord Terminators.  But the guys are coming over tonight for a game of Forbidden Stars, maybe next week.

4 weeks ago

Excellent a 9th ed codex for Death Guard.  Hmm those metal chaos termintors are looking a little small these day. Wait I have some left over Space Wolf terminator bodies from that Great Company project, come Skaven heads left over from that Mordhiem project, some Ork Nobz axe arms left over from that Waargh project, those spikey bits, extra arms and some cool new bases.

I'll kit bash a unit of Death Guard Blightlord Terminators who were once from the 13th Great Company who got lost in the Eye of Terror at the end of the Horus Heresy.  They'll be GREAT!!!

Gluing commenced and great rejoicing was had. Speed painted for our new crusade campaign. Cant wait to show the guys. Hmm, I wonder what will be in the new DG  codex.

1 week ago

Wait what I cant use them anymore?

DG termies

I think those look great. Why can’t you use them? (I haven’t looked at the codex, and honestly I’m more of a collector than player)

In the new codex, we are only allowed 1 special weapon (i.e. combi-plasma, combi-melta, combi-flamer) per 5 terminator models in a unit. His is the old "drop and forget" configuration with combi-meltas. It used to be a nice way to blow up an expensive tank in the enemy's deployment zone. These days our terminators have a bit of a different function I am afraid.

Weapon configuarions for Blightlords in 9ed is: Unit size 5-10 (used to be minimum 3, now we have to field minimum 5). 1 flail per 5 models in a unit (so 2 in a full squad, 1 if not), 1 reaper autocannon per 5 models OR 1 blight launcher, 1 plaguespewer per 5 models, 1 combi-flamer per 5, 1 combi-plasma per 5, 1 combi-melta per 5.

Axes or swords are included in cost and you can chose whatever you like.

Edited by Iron Sage

Are you kidding me? There's a limit on combi weapons? Only 1 combi weapon per 5? Or 1 of each per 5?

Yes, and no, I am not kidding unfortunately. The unit has changed a lot from normal chaos terminators. First they became Blightlords in 8th with different options and weapons, and now combi-weaponry is unfortunately very restricted, which blows for those who have pre-Death Guard codex models. The unit today is highly different from ordinary chaos terminators. I suspect Black Legion and friends will be allowed to retain their combi weapons in the coming codex, since it is kind of their things, but for Death Guard it is not the case.

1 of each combi weapon per 5 model, so old termi suicide is completely illegal configuration now I am afraid. You also need a minimum of 5 termies in a unit.

So 1 of each per 5. I.e. you can have 2 combi plasma and 2 combi melta in a 10 man squad and so on.

Are you kidding me? There's a limit on combi weapons? Only 1 combi weapon per 5? Or 1 of each per 5?

Yes, and no, I am not kidding unfortunately. The unit has changed a lot from normal chaos terminators. First they became Blightlords in 8th with different options and weapons, and now combi-weaponry is unfortunately very restricted, which blows for those who have pre-Death Guard codex models. The unit today is highly different from ordinary chaos terminators. I suspect Black Legion and friends will be allowed to retain their combi weapons in the coming codex, since it is kind of their things, but for Death Guard it is not the case.

1 of each combi weapon per 5 model, so old termi suicide is completely illegal configuration now I am afraid. You also need a minimum of 5 termies in a unit.

So 1 of each per 5. I.e. you can have 2 combi plasma and 2 combi melta in a 10 man squad and so on.

what the hell...are these Kharadron Overlord Thunderers or Terminators? They have the exact same rule...you can take 1 each of the special weapons(per 'X' dudes) but not take 3 of 1. Its not the worst thing but I just don't get it. If they do that to Chosen PA/terms for chaos marines...hella people gonna be mad

what the hell...are these Kharadron Overlord Thunderers or Terminators? They have the exact same rule...you can take 1 each of the special weapons(per 'X' dudes) but not take 3 of 1. Its not the worst thing but I just don't get it. If they do that to Chosen PA/terms for chaos marines...hella people gonna be mad

Yeah, I suspect Chaos won't get the combi restricton but hard to know. And yeah, some people are going to be mad for sure.

But our Blightlords are after all quite different to normal termies now, with diseased armour (so we retained the 4++) and flails for CC and plague spewers.

Our terminators are not great damage dealers but ours stay around much longer than normal termies do, so a bit of a different unit rule I suppose.

Yeah, I suspect Chaos won't get the combi restricton but hard to know. And yeah, some people are going to be mad for sure.

But our Blightlords are after all quite different to normal termies now, with diseased armour (so we retained the 4++) and flails for CC and plague spewers.

Our terminators are not great damage dealers but ours stay around much longer than normal termies do, so a bit of a different unit rule I suppose.

With the absent of high S,high dmg wargears, Blightlords don't work well when countering enemy "death Star unit"(e.g. Inner circle terminators). DG should delay these units with our expendables(e.g. poxwalkers), and make Blightlords wipe enemy "weaker" units. It looks like rock-paper-scisscor situation.