What new units would you like?

rye0006

I was about to say that I don't think GW are likely to embrace suicide bombers as a unit, and then I remembered that the orks have the bomb squig, which is pretty much the same thing.

Perhaps we could have something similar with familiars...

I was about to say that I don't think GW are likely to embrace suicide bombers as a unit, and then I remembered that the orks have the bomb squig, which is pretty much the same thing.

Perhaps we could have something similar with familiars...

Problem is that while squigs are low on the foodchain of Orks.. Im pretty sure that the familiars would be something sacred to the genestealer cults ;)

But what about embracing the parasitic/alien horror side a bit more, hosts infected with tyranid'ish larvae or spores ready to erupt.. could give some interesting models too.. at least one of the unit should homage the alien movies with a tiny tyranid bursting from its chest ;)

I feel like suicide bombers would work better as a strat (like the tyrand's caustic blood) rather than as a bespoke unit. Remove a unit to deal 2d3 mortal wounds to an enemy unit within 3" or some such.  

Late-stage bio-horrors would be cool, metamorph + aberrant like creatures that are far more tyranid than human. Alternatively, armored aberrants. Even if their offensive armaments are hardly changed, just strapping plating onto them helps. Then they can fulfill a bullgryn like role (rather than what they are now, which is like... repentia costed like terminators, blech). 

Edited by Azekai

That would introduce some interesting tactical play, a bit like the Green Tide stratagem the Orks have - opponents would have to wipe out a unit, because leaving one or two neophytes or acolytes makes sacrificing them for a bunch of mortals a pretty good deal.

And very much yes to armoured aberrants and metamorph spawn :)

• 2 weeks later...

I’d love to see more tricks stolen from the ravenguard in the form of ways to target the enemies leaders like turning off look out sir or taking a page from the incursors book and giving units mines or other booby traps.

Besides interesting and fun rules I’d like to see some sort of tough unit like bullgryn with shields. Maybe aberrants with big pieces of metal that are focused more on holding objectives. If not something tanky then maybe something really hard to hit like ravengaurd being far away or the smokescreen strats marines have.

Metamorphs should be bigger, meaner, tougher, etc. or at least give them a wider range of biological upgrades to customize them to fit your needs game to game.

Some one mentioned a young patriarch, maybe a champion type mutant that would be designed to engage special threats upclose.

• 3 weeks later...

All of these are great suggestions, I'd definitely be interested in subverted Arbites cars and the return of the limo! One thing I'd like to see is an obscure piece of background fluff made plastic- Land Crawlers. They're basically small, multipurpose tracked vehicles used for industry and agriculture, and IIRC in one book the Steel Legion converted some to carry weapons (the field conversion becoming known as the Siegfried) which IMO makes them ideal for a cult to purloin them and turn them to a more sinister cause. You have the thematic element of "civilian vehicles used as weapons of war", a basis for conversions for just about every human army under the sun(s) and they also satisfy my craving for tankettes. Plus, given how cool the GSC vehicles are I'd be interested to see GW take that aesthetic and plonk it on a Universal Carrier archetype.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...