DA 1k fight vs Canoptek Necrons

Berzul

Hey guys!

I have a fight tomorrow with some 1k points of Canoptek Necrons.

My opponent is bringing to bear a Triarch Stalker with Heavy Gauss, some Wraiths, the Cryptek that buffs them, an Overlord with some warriors, and maybe Lych Guard or a group of Immortals.

I'm going with the following:

PATROL DETACHMENT

1000 points, 6 CP

Captain in Jump Pack, with MC Thunder Hammer, and The Imperium's Sword

Librarian, with Psychic Fortress and Might of Heroes

5 Tactical Marines

5 Tactical Marines

6 Ravenwing Black Knights

Dreadnought, with Assault Cannon and Power Fist

10 Devastators, with 4 Plasma Cannons

I'll let you guys know how it goes during the week! This is a rematch from a fight we had last week, in which he player Spyders, Scarabs, Death marks and the Doomstalker, against a list of Command Squad Terminators, Black Knights, a LSV and a Dread, with a TDA Captain. A battle I lost 67 to 76. I plan on winning this time around.

This coming tuesday I'll have a rematch against my necron opponent. After I defeated him in the previous battle.

He told me he is bringing Deathmarks and Lych Guard, since he just finished painting a bunch of them. So, I am expecting at least one squad of ten of each.

This is what I am bringing, while (1) using the new codex rules, as much as they have leaked through the internet; and (2) keeping to the lore of my chapter, in building a fluffy list.

++ BATTALION DETACHMENT ++
5 CP (-1 for Hero of the Chapter)

1000 points

+ HQs +

Captain, with Jump Pack

+ Thunder Hammer

+ Storm Bolter

+ Warlord: The Imperium's Sword

Lieutenant, with Jump Pack

+ Teeth of Terra

+ Plasma Pistol

+ Hero of the Chapter: Calibanite Knight

+ TROOPS +

5-man Tactical Squad

5-man Tactical Squad

5-man Tactical Squad

+ ELITES +

Company Champion

+ Chapter Champion Upgrade

Dreadnought

+ Close Combat Weapon

+ Storm Bolter

+ Assault Cannon

+ FAST ATTACK +

5-man Ravenwing Bike Squad

+ Combi Melta

+ Meltagun

+ Meltagun

+ HEAVY SUPPORT +

5-man Devastator Squad

+ Plasma Cannon

+ Plasma Cannon

+ Plasma Cannon

The idea behind the army is that it follows the lore of my Successors, by bringing a Company Master, with his first Lieutenant, at the head of one quarter company. That is, three combat squads of tacticals, one combat squad of devastators, one combat squad of assault marines on bikes, one dreadnought, and with his champion to lead his infantry while he takes the fight to the enemy directly.

In terms of strategy, I'd keep the HQs with the bikes. Move straight for the enemy, to quickly deliver the Company Master against enemy monsters, and the Lieutenant against enemy infantry. While the bikes use their meltaguns against vehicles. // Meanwhile, my Devastators move into positioning using Stratagems and the Dreadnought that goes with them to keep their fire accurate. Using their blast weapons I'd mostly try to use these guys to take out the Death Marks, of light vehicles/monsters. // Finally, my Tacticals will spread out. Advancing every turn to get to the objectives, with one squad making a straight line towards key characters, such as Crypteks. This, to deliver the Chapter Champion, in a suicide run against these force multipliers.