Really confussed with the new codex.

I am thinking of the list:

Vanguard Detachment - Rapid Assault + Tactical Withdrawl

Talon Master

Chaplain on Bike

DW Appothecary - Master Apothecary

3 x 9 Black Knights

10 DW Knights

Do all units in this detachment gain OS and go i get my 3 CP back?

They need to have the deathwing OR inner circle key word for the vanguard detachment.

Under current rules, it works to get the cp back

Edit: actually the chaplain is what kills it. It doesn’t have inner circle

Edited by jbaeza94

They need to have the deathwing OR inner circle key word for the vanguard detachment.

Under current rules, it works to get the cp back

Edit: actually the chaplain is what kills it. It doesn’t have inner circle

All deathwing gain inner circle for DA detachment.

But the Talon Master and Chaplain on a Bike, Primaris or Legends, are not Deathwing so would have to come with Inner Circle. The Talon Master does but neither version of the Chaplain has Inner Circle though, rendering the detachment as a mixed detachment.

Having an Interrogator Chaplain on foot or bike (legends) would make this list a valid 1st Company detachment. The only problem then is none of the units can benefit from ObSec.

But the Talon Master and Chaplain on a Bike, Primaris or Legends, are not Deathwing so would have to come with Inner Circle. The Talon Master does but neither version of the Chaplain has Inner Circle though, rendering the detachment as a mixed detachment.

Having an Interrogator Chaplain on foot or bike (legends) would make this list a valid 1st Company detachment. The only problem then is none of the units can benefit from ObSec.

Oh, yeah. I forgot that chaplain on bike doesn't have deathwing keyword...

You will always get your cp back if your warlord is in this detachment per the brb. For obsec, only eligible units would receive it, aka normal terminators, as long as all units have IC (which the chaplain does not). Since you don’t have any eligible units, no obsec. If you add in 1 terminator squad, then that squad alone would get obsec (as long as you replace the chaplain) Edited by jbaeza94

Half correct, the Talonmaster has Inner Circle so it's fine for the list.

That's what I said I think?

So, you can have a 1st company detachment without any deathwing units :teehee:

Yep, so long as it has the Inner Circle keywords in a Vanguard detachment it gain the 1st Company ability, but it is only any good if you have Terminators for ObSec, which then puts Deathwing units back in :wink:

That's what I said I think?

My bad:rolleyes:

Yes, they have the Inner Circle Deathwing keyword.

Edit: Not forgetting that all other units must have Deathwing and/or Inner Circle too of course :biggrin.:

Edit 2: Wishful thinking on Primaris Units/Characters being part of the Inner Circle :unsure.:

Edited by Vardus

Yeah Chaplains on Bikes are not Interrogator-Chaplains. “Chaplain” and “Interrogator-Chaplain” are different jobs. A Chaplain is in charge of the spiritual well-being of the troops. If he’s the 2nd company’s assigned Chaplain, he gets a bike. He’s probably partially inducted into some of the chapter’s secrets along with the rest of the Ravenwing, but he’s not Inner Circle.

An Interrogator-Chaplain is in charge of capturing and questioning The Fallen. They’re not assigned to particular companies.

(The Deathwing company also has a Chaplain. As a member of the Deathwing company he is Inner Circle.)

Yes, they have the Inner Circle Deathwing keyword.

Edit: Not forgetting that all other units must have Deathwing and/or Inner Circle too of course :biggrin.:

Edit 2: Wishful thinking on Primaris Units/Characters being part of the Inner Circle :unsure.:

They used to have inner circle in the 8th edition codex. Is always funny if people argue against primaris in the inner cricle when every Primaris Librarian was in it at least rules wise.