BA 2000pt Double Patrol

Djangomatic82

Hello brothers, this is an all comers list that Ive been building and almost finished during the pandemic.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) ++ 5CP

+ HQ +

-Chapter Master: 4. Heroic Bearing, Angel Artifice, Chapter Command: Chapter Master, Jump Pack, Rites of War, Storm shield, Stratagem: Angel Exemplar, Thunder hammer, Warlord

-Sanguinary Priest: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Chapter Command: Chief Apothecary, Jump Pack

+ Troops +

5x Tactical Squad- Combi-melta, Heavy flamer

5x Tactical Squad- Combi-melta, Heavy flamer

+ Elites +

8x Sanguinary Guard, 5x Inferno pistol, 3x Angelus boltgun, 8xPower fist

+ Fast Attack +

3x Single unit-Land Speeder Typhoon: 3x Multi-melta

+ Dedicated Transport +

Drop Pod: Storm bolter

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) ++

+ HQ +

-Librarian: 2. Unleash Rage, 3) Null Zone (Aura), 3. Shield of Sanguinius, 6. Wings of Sanguinius, Chapter Command: Chief Librarian, Force sword, Inferno pistol, Jump Pack, Psychic Mastery, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Tome of Malcador

-Primaris Chaplain on Bike: 2. Catechism of Fire, 6. Canticle of Hate, Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity, Litany of Hate, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Vox Espiritum, Wise Orator

+ Troops +

5x Assault Intercessor Squad, Thunder hammer

+ Fast Attack +

-9x Bike Squad

Attack Bike: Multi-melta

Biker Sergeant: Quake Bolts, Thunder hammer

5x Space Marine Biker w/Chainsword: 5x Astartes Chainsword, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Twin boltgun

Space Marine Biker w/Special Weapon: Meltagun

the main ideas for this were to have two 18" reroll bubbles and the Chapter Master reroll in play.

-The bike squad and Chaplain are going to hang together, benefiting from +1 wound in shooting, Litanies of Hate and the Sgt's quake bolts.

- The Chapter Master and SG will be another combined unit,  probably with  the Libby and SP backing them up.

- The Land Speeder Typhoons will be operating on their own.

- The two Tac squads will be in the drop pod.

- I'm thinking the Assault intercessors might be best to leave in Strategic Reserves

Just a tought, if you drop 4 infernos on SG and change TH on sergants you could get another MM attack bike for 2nd bike squad I think it would benefit your list more than TH's on sgts. Angelus boltguns are pretty good screen cleaning weapon and if you charg something with 8SG it still will be dead.

Hmmm, I'm not too sure I'd want to split the large bike squad into two separate units of 3+Attack bike. I realize it could mean that i'de have 2 units with 5 melta shots each, but, for the moment i like the versatility that one large unit offers.

As i see it, by having the single unit, I have the option to combat squad the unit into three units of three, with my preferred split being one group of the 2 melta guns + a chainsword for 3 T5 ablative wounds, another unit of the attack bike and 2 chainswords for 6 ablative wounds and then the sgt unit with thunder hammer and 2x chainswords and quake bolts as a melee unit.

If the match looks like its wont have a lot of blast, the option and force multiplication of having 5x chainsword bikers with 15-20 attacks on the charge, plus the Sgts 3-4 thunder hammer attacks, all with +1 to hit from the Quake bolts and chaplain rerolls, seems like  decent trade off for 6 melta shots ( or more precisely, 1 melta shot since i'd be dropping 5 from the sanguinary guard.)

Edited by Djangomatic82

I have been trying to rethink the Troops and Drop Pod and maybe go down to 3 HQ's and remake it as a single Battalion for +2CP over this version. 

I could drop 2 inferno Pistols and swap to Encarmine Swords, then swap out the Troops and Drop Pod for 10xAssault Intercessors with a Thunder Hammer, 5x Heavy Intercessors and 5X Incursors for an even 2000 points.

-I'm not really sure if i should change the HQ's.

1. The Chapter Master with Heroic Bearing and Chaplain on Bike with the Vox Espiritum create an extremely large percentage of the board under rerolls and other assorted buffs, so I'm very inclined to keep them.

2. The Librarian provides Unleashed Rage and Null Zone, probably the two best single buffs we have access to, but needing to pass the psychic test and  being in the right position to leverage usefully is a factor.

3. The Sanguinary Priest was supposed to be the Warlord initially, in order to activate the Heirs to Ahzkellion, 6+FNP, and T1, 2 and 3 assault Doctrine for the Sanguinary guard, as well as healing and rez'ing 1 unit for free each turn with selfless healer. But, as i was trying to distribute the various warlord traits and relics, the fact that so much was being invested into one character in order to buff a single unit, primarily, began to seem less desirable as i built up the other three characters and saw the benefit each could provide to almost every other unit in the army, as opposed to just the SG. Even without the a warlord trait or relic, the SP still can heal, at 1cp, though that is a worry since it feels like this will be CP limited through out the entire game, and can still provide the 6+FNP natively to the SG.

4. Regarding the choice of Chapter Master as Warlord, it came down to which character would best leverage Angel Exemplar.  The combination of the base SM codex Rites of War to give Obsec to anything in 6" and then Angel Exemplar: Heroic bearing to extend Rites of Battle and Chaptermaster re-rolls to 9" was a little too appealing. I realize i could have made him or any of the other characters into monstrous beat sticks, or ultra tanky characters, but, as with the SP, i felt it was better to kit them out to provide as much benefit for the army, not for itself.

Does my line of thinking make sense, or am i just going down a dead end for the army?

++ Double Patrol Detachment 4 CP

+ HQ +

Chapter Master: 4. Heroic Bearing, Angel Artifice, Chapter Command: Chapter Master, Jump Pack, Rites of War, Storm shield, Stratagem: Angel Exemplar, Thunder hammer, Warlord

Sanguinary Priest: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Chapter Command: Chief Apothecary, Jump Pack

Librarian: 2. Unleash Rage, 3) Null Zone (Aura), 3. Shield of Sanguinius, 6. Wings of Sanguinius, Chapter Command: Chief Librarian, Force sword, Inferno pistol, Jump Pack, Psychic Mastery, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Tome of Malcador

Primaris Chaplain on Bike: 2. Catechism of Fire, 6. Canticle of Hate, Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity, Litany of Hate, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Vox Espiritum, Wise Orator

+ Troops +

9x Assault Intercessor: 9x Astartes Chainsword, 9x Frag & Krak grenades, 9x Heavy Bolt Pistol
Assault Intercessor Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol, Thunder hammer

4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades

Incursor Sergeant

4x Heavy Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
Heavy Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Sanguinary Guard
Sanguinary Guard: Encarmine sword, Inferno pistol
Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

+ Fast Attack +

Land Speeder Typhoons
Land Speeder Typhoon: Multi-melta

Bike Squad
Attack Bike: Multi-melta
Biker Sergeant: Quake Bolts, Thunder hammer
5x Space Marine Biker w/Chainsword: 5x Astartes Chainsword, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Twin boltgun