2K Triple Wing

RayJ

I was already working with a lot of these core units, but I've tweaked this a bit after seeing yesterday's Art of War match vs Death Guard.

Angels of Darkness (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [94 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts]

Outrider Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) 

HQ:

160 Ravenwing Talonmaster

160 Ravenwing Talonmaster

Fast Attack

155 Attack Bike Squad

-  2x  Multi-melta

- 1x Heavy Bolter

155 Attack Bike Squad

-  2x  Multi-melta

- 1x Heavy Bolter

275 Inceptor Squad

- 5x Plasma Inceptors

Vanguard Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels)

HQ

170 Azrael

- Warlord

- Brilliant Strategist

125 Ezekiel

- Mind Worm

- Engulfing Fear

- Mind Wipe

Elites

85 Bladeguard Ancient

- Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

- Rites of War

- Pennant of Remembrance

80 Deathwing Command Squad

- 1x LC (Sergeant)

- 1x TH/SS

80 Deathwing Command Squad

- 1x LC (Sergeant)

- 1x TH/SS

440 Deathwing Terminator Squad (Objective Secured)

- 1x LC (Sergeant)

- 3x PF/SB

- 3x CF/SB

- 3x TH/SS

- 2x Cyclone Upgrades

115 Ravenwing Apothecary:

- Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary

- Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

- Selfless Healer

- Astartes grenade launcher

One thing I'm toying with is swapping Zeke with another librarian with Chief Librarian upgrade (I can move it to the other detachment if need be to keep ObSec on the terminators).

I could use this for getting yet another power via relic, and depending on which type I could get a couple more points to sprinkle an extra thudner hammer/watcher.

Ray, your Inceptors won't let your Ravenwing Outrider work with Obsec etc, I was pondering Inceptors Vs Black Knights myself and the only real advantage Inceptors have is the Fly keyword where as BKs get Jink' and sort you detachment bonuses out...

Haven't seen the AoW game yet but interested a few things in his list...

I wouldn't run Inceptors without a way of giving rerolls to hit. Without a way to reroll 1s, they will blow half their own squad away the first time they overcharge. Replace one of the Talonmaster with a Jump/Bike Captain or consider switching the plasmaceptors for something that can operate without a Captain nearby.

Ray, your Inceptors won't let your Ravenwing Outrider work with Obsec etc, I was pondering Inceptors Vs Black Knights myself and the only real advantage Inceptors have is the Fly keyword where as BKs get Jink' and sort you detachment bonuses out...

Haven't seen the AoW game yet but interested a few things in his list...

If you note, attack bikes don't get ObSec either. That detachment is not worried about obsec. The only unit in this list with native ObSec is the large DWT squad. That's why I have Rites of War on a character (and I could move it around depending on how testing goes)

Black Knights are definitely good when used right, but I need that FA slot here. Also see my next comment about Inceptor survivability:

I wouldn't run Inceptors without a way of giving rerolls to hit. Without a way to reroll 1s, they will blow half their own squad away the first time they overcharge. Replace one of the Talonmaster with a Jump/Bike Captain or consider switching the plasmaceptors for something that can operate without a Captain nearby.

You don't always need to overcharge the plasma. In fact vs most targets, I probably won't. However, this is a prime target for skirting the edge of Azrael's auras (or his Chapter Master buff). Azrael is not really there for the terminator block in the early game, because you have storm shields to protect them. Late game Azrael does wat to buff the DWT squad as they lose shields and close into melee.

Double talon master and not even considering sam i am instead. A bold move cotton lets see how that plays out for him.

In all realness though, sammael is perhaps the best hq in the whole codex because he's the only one that actually has a weapon str higher then 6 in melee, and 5 in range (other then azreals combi). He also moves like a man possessed by an other worldly force, and all while being less then second talon master.

I'm of the opinion that talon masters while good aren't better then sammael anymore, u wanna take one after sam u go right ahead, and pocket that 10 points for something nice

I thought the Pennant of Remembrance was DW Ancient only. I know the BGV Ancient has the DW Keyword but I don't think that makes him a DW Ancient. I think it specifically has to be the guy in TDA (I won't have the new codex in my hands until tomorrow so I am prepared to be mistaken on this one).

I thought the Pennant of Remembrance was DW Ancient only. I know the BGV Ancient has the DW Keyword but I don't think that makes him a DW Ancient. I think it specifically has to be the guy in TDA (I won't have the new codex in my hands until tomorrow so I am prepared to be mistaken on this one).

There is no unit named "Deathwing Ancient". Also these words are all capitals referencing keywords. There is Ancient in Terminator Armor and Blade guard Ancient. Both have the Deathwing and Ancient keywords, thus qualifying for the Pendant of Remembrance.