Moirax with Volkite and Siege ClawM "No longer available"

Black Knight

Just checked the Forgeworld site and noticed that the Mechanicum Knight Moirax with Volkite Veuglaire and Gyges Siege Claw is no longer available, looks like I will have to settle for a drill instead.

Has anyone seen a "no longer available" return before?

A lot of newer kits are showing that. The Blood Angels Leviathan (released November 30th, 2018) is NLA as well, so it's likely just stock issues caused by Covid.

Yeah, doubt it would be removed completely. At least until the next codex update if GW decides to make a standard kit for it.

Still showing in stock on the NA site.

Also if you need the weapons I know a few places that sell decent alternates. 

And the drill goes out of stock as well -.- 

See which of the two comes into stock first. It is hard to choose the first big Resin model to delve into Forgeworld.

Thanks for the offer Focslain but I am just interested in a single Forgeworld model just to say I tried it. Probably will hate it and go strait back to plastic only :)

Edited by Black_Knight

And the drill goes out of stock as well -.- 

See which of the two comes into stock first. It is hard to choose the first big Resin model to delve into Forgeworld.

Thanks for the offer Focslain but I am just interested in a single Forgeworld model just to say I tried it. Probably will hate it and go strait back to plastic only :smile.:

Well the moriax is not a bad kit to cut your FW teeth on as it's a hybrid of resin and the plastic kit.

Moriax includes most of the armigar sprue, only the armour/weapon sprue is missing.

You'll quite some spare bits from the main spure considering the resin parts replace the head, carapace, exhast and engine.

Only reason the engine is a new bit is that the inside of the carapace is rounded, seriously that is the only difference between the plastic and resin version of the bit.

So if you know how to build a plastic armigar you can build the moriax easy.

A better test will be the drill as that is 100% resin parts.

I almost got a moriax too but I thought I better just stick to one model to start with so the Drill is on its way. I wanted something of a centre piece for either my Admech or Deathwatch and I find the drill a much better model than a dreadnought.

I think I will wait until we get the Knight codex before I think of buying a Moriax, I wanted another two Armiger Warglaives but I wonder if we will get a "Patrol" Box of some sort(Hightly doubtful but there is always hope, especially if they have commited to releasing a box for every codex.).

I usually use my shop brought super glue, is there a certain brand thats worth it for resin models?

I almost got a moriax too but I thought I better just stick to one model to start with so the Drill is on its way. I wanted something of a centre piece for either my Admech or Deathwatch and I find the drill a much better model than a dreadnought.

I think I will wait until we get the Knight codex before I think of buying a Moriax, I wanted another two Armiger Warglaives but I wonder if we will get a "Patrol" Box of some sort(Hightly doubtful but there is always hope, especially if they have commited to releasing a box for every codex.).

I usually use my shop brought super glue, is there a certain brand thats worth it for resin models?

Just make sure it's super glue and not plastic glue. You should be ok, just make sure to wash all the parts before assembly.

As for a knight patrol box it would be 3 armigar kits. If GW wants a guaranteed must buy and do drop us another small knight class it will have all three in one box. Not sure if the moriax will go plastic since the weapon options would require an additional sprue on top of the weapon/armour sprue that the warglaive/helverins have.

If we don't get new units then good money on a 2 warglaive + 1 Helverin box.  

Edited by Focslain

For what it's worth, about a week ago I emailed Forgeworld about Servalen from Necromunda being "No Longer Available" as she was just released months ago.

They said a lot of their products are undergoing repackaging, and they will be back up soon.

Hang in there.

Echoing this, we actually got a response from the Forge World facebook page about it, and it's mostly the same:

QkJoM3W.jpg