Primaris Outriders Black Knight Conversion

jgascoine011

It's as simple/expensive as you want it to be really. 

First off, two plasma pistol/rifles per bike. This would be the bare minimum you can do really and is as simple a conversion as you get to do the job. Just cut off the tips of the bolters, and glue the plasma weaponry where they were. If you want to get fancy, you can carve off the ammunition feeds and either cover them with bits or greenstuff to smooth it out, though that's a lot more involved than a simple weapon swap. 

You're probably going to want to replace the Chainswords too, as Black Knights don't use those. They have Corvus Hammers, and you might have a decent luck finding these from bits sites or eBay as the BWK kit comes with like 6 of them. Not essential of course, because BKs don't have to take them, but it never hurts to have some melee punch, especially at D2. 

But they're Black Knights, so you might want some more detail on them right? Here's one of my Ravenwing Outriders. 

URK37Ub.jpeg

He's pretty much only made with bits from the Ravenwing Upgrade set. You can get 3 Black Knights kitted out per kit (along with a lot of DA bits you can use here and elsewhere). The hussar-style wings at the back are quintessentially Ravenwing, as are the winged front armour (which can be snipped and fitted onto the model relatively easily, though it can be a bit fiddly to get them symmetrical). They'll really look the part if you do that, though it's not necessary. 

Might be worth keeping note that the bases for Outriders are a fair bit larger than the ones for Firstborn bikers. Probably won't be too much of an issue unless you play in Tournaments, but something to keep in mind. Don't know if they'd fit on regular bases though, and anyone that complains in a casual setting is almost definitely a baby so I wouldn't stress too much about it. 

I am actually thinking of doing a more mad max/night lords style conversion for them, so instead of the wings at the back, having the skull totems etc.

Its more just the plasma guns i am worried about,

I just bought like 12 forgeworld outriders which come with plasma guns so will see if they fit at all.

Yea the bases are bigger than normal, but honestly, if someone complains then they are not the person i would play anyway.

Anyway just dropped like £600 so will see what happens lol

In case y’all want some wings for the back and front, a guy on shapeways makes them to fit on outriders. I think they’re like 11 bucks for the set of 3 wings for front and 11 for the 3 for the back. They’re called gloomy angels black bird biker boi fairing wings and banner

Thanks for the heads up on this, I need to place an order for those.