Lupercal's Loyalist Legion of Luna Lads

Once gain, getting back to updating this thread; today with some Warcrimes lads and a Centurion/Praetor from the two-man kit.

Legion Destroyers Squad 1:

• What it says on the tin! Horus wouldn't shy away from "doing what needs to be done" when it comes to ending a conflict by any means necessary if it would spare human lives.
    • The armor on these lads is delightfully "thacc"~
    • Apologies for bit of blur. Will endeavor to remember to go back and fix that depth-of-field screwiness

gallery_54361_16738_471455.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_190072.jpg

Legion Destroyers Squad 2:

• What it says on the tin! Horus wouldn't shy away from "doing what needs to be done" when it comes to ending a conflict by any means necessary if it would spare human lives.
    • The armor on these lads is delightfully "thacc"~
    • Apologies for bit of blur. Will endeavor to remember to go back and fix that depth-of-field screwiness

gallery_54361_16738_559948.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_339515.jpg

Legion Artificer Amor Centurion/Praetor:

• One of the two praetors from the old dual kit. The lesser of the two, but still prime material for "Fit the role" praetor, centurion, etc... of any force. More than usually, he'll be the delegatus of ZM games~

gallery_54361_16738_10506.jpg

Next up will ACTUALLY be the additional terminators and one of the coolest 30k kits, the sicaran (vanilla variant) tank. Tacticals because I forgot I wrote this when photoing this week.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

Back again, slow as always. We're coming full circle back to the lads on the ground securing victory for Lupercal; Veteran Tactical Squads! All from my last Calth box. R.I.P. calth, everything about you was great (except the dread).

Veteran Tactical Squad Tertius:

• Standard for veteran tactical squads. Two magnetized lads for melta, Plasma, flamer, combis, or volkite possibilities. Vexilla, always. Some plasma pistols for the army too, finally.
    • +CC weapons, always CC weapons for good looks and stabbing xenos! (And later on, traitors)

gallery_54361_16738_74738.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_75471.jpg

Veteran Tactical Squad Quartus:

• Standard for veteran tactical squads. Two magnetized lads for melta, Plasma, flamer, combis, or volkite possibilities. One lad with a suspensor HB for looks and army rules! Vexilla, always. Some plasma pistols for the army too, finally.
    • +CC weapons, always CC weapons for good looks and stabbing xenos! (And later on, traitors)

gallery_54361_16738_496279.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_37419.jpg

Veteran Tactical Squad Quintus:

• Standard for veteran tactical squads. Two magnetized lads for melta, Plasma, flamer, combis, or volkite possibilities. One lad with a suspensor HB for looks and army rules! Vexilla, always. Some plasma pistols for the army too, finally.

gallery_54361_16738_447037.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_81931.jpg

Last few updates are excellent, as always. I agree with both @Marshall Mittens and @Pearson73 - the wear and tear on the armor is well done, so too is the purple blade. 

Perhaps you answered this question already - did you have those Luna Wolves transfers custom made?

Really great looking force. Your weathered white is awesome.

Nice! The purple power blade is really well painted.

Thanks lads!  Always appreciate the kind words~

Last few updates are excellent, as always. I agree with both @Marshall Mittens and @Pearson73 - the wear and tear on the armor is well done, so too is the purple blade. 

Perhaps you answered this question already - did you have those Luna Wolves transfers custom made?

Thanks, mate!  Right off the bat, for your second part, they're not actually luna wolves transfers!

I looked into getting custom ones made (will probably get another banner bearer to put a proper custom one on someday), but it ended up being too much of a pain in the butt.  So they're actually all from the 40k Space Wolves transfer sheet! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Back again, slow as always. Too much work, not enough free time. The last of the characters from batch 3. The OG Calth lads, and the latter of the Praetor set pair that I forgot to post with his PA friend previously.

Centurion - Chaplain:

• Lost the side and rear pictures, oops! Everybody knows this model though, 50% of the great Calth character duo

gallery_54361_16738_190780.jpg

Cataphractii Centurion:

• Cataphractii centurion to be used as: siegebreaker, primus medicae, etc, etc... The other 50% of the great Calth character duo.

gallery_54361_16738_107084.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_87985.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_266135.jpg

Cataphractii Praetor:

• Cataphractii praetor! A fantastic model, on par (if not better than the Limited edition tartaros lad). Definitely my favorite non-named 30K character model.
    • Also, been using him as a librarian lately due to his extra-fancy sword, which is extra glowed up, to make for a good force weapon!

gallery_54361_16738_87221.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_100503.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_120116.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Those all look great!

Love that praetor and the purple sword is just utterly magnificent!

Thanks lads! They're certainly tied for "pet project" army of all my warhammer forces, alongside Krieg. Lots of time, money, and love into the lads.

Also, specifically thanks on the sword compliment. It did come out amazingly. Immediately transformed that model from "Another praetor" to "Praetor OR Librarian, easy" mode with the glow and final results.

Back again, for the last time for a long time probably! Maybe I'll put some battle or full-army stuff here in the future. SOME DAY I'll also get around to editing the first post in this thread to have links to each unit's individual post. Too much work, not enough free time. Last but not least, our favorite "zoomy" tank, and our favorite "tanky lads."

Cataphractii Terminators:

• The final unit from Calth. Added onto with the resin weapons kit for hammer, cannon, and blaster goodness!
    • Tassels in red to help break up the uniformity of big 10-man units compared to the OG black style. (And because they look dope on Horus/characters)
    • I REALLY love the look of the autocannon, despite being pretty impractical on the tabletop.

gallery_54361_16738_69485.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_283628.jpg

Sicaran Battle Tank:

• Fortuitously timed with the recent announcement of the plastic one, I present probably my favorite looking "30K tech" vehicle in existance.
    • Hopefully with the advent of the plastic range updates, all of these models will get a lot of 40k rules love as well!
    • I always hear "IFV" quotes from Red Alert 2 in my head whenever I'm moving this thing 12" on a table

gallery_54361_16738_87565.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_292315.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_234702.jpg

gallery_54361_16738_751280.jpg

That's all from me for a good while probably, folks. See you in Heresy 2.0!